Where is a synthesizer that can "listen" to another synth and then recreate that sound?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just get a sampler.

You're gonna need to invent a synth that can hear first ... :ud:

huh?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXNa70ea_iQ

https://www.tone2.com/icarus.html
Rebuild any sound with a SINGLE mouse-click

With Icarus anyone can build fantastic sounds quickly and easily. Traditional resynthesis methods require a deep knowledge of sample-editing in order to achieve good results. It needs time-consuming pre-processing with a sample-editor and precisely tuned samples.
We have taken care of these problems for you and have developed completely new algorithms. Icarus' innovative wavetable-resynthesis can rebuild sounds with a single mouse-click! It works with nearly any kind of audio-material and produces high-quality results. Simply click the button, select a wav file and Icarus will automatically create a patch, which sounds like the original. Optionally, you can further shape your sound with morphing, BPM-synchronization, time-stretching, the filters, the effects or any other module.
Traditional sample-import, auto-tuning, beat-slicing, pitch-shifting, noise-reduction and granular playback is also supported.
All waveforms, wavetables and samples are automatically stored within your patches or songs. This means you don't have to worry about any files missing on your hard drive or broken song-projects.

in my experience its much easier and sounds better to reverse engineer the source.
most resynthesis sound cheap and bad.
and if it should sound like a guitar, play it!
🇷🇺

still trying to get the wife to listen , and nod her head ...

I used the Icarus resynthesis today on some longer Moog samples I created previously and my preset turned out pretty well. :)

greententacle wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:24 pm in my experience its much easier and sounds better to reverse engineer the source.
most resynthesis sound cheap and bad.
and if it should sound like a guitar, play it!
Yeah!

Return to “Instruments”