Axiom 1.4 Free Update And New "Hot Tuna" Plug-in Available!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Axe Pack Axiom Hot Tuna

Please welcome Blue Cat's Hot Tuna 1.0, our new tuner plug-in!

It is available as an independent plug-in, or within the new Axiom 1.4 free update, which also has a new "stomp box" GUI for built-in plug-ins, direct access to tone maps and more!

At this occasion, we are launching introduction offers for the next two weeks (until February 21st):
- Blue Cat's Hot Tuna: 6 USD/EUR (instead of 9)
- Blue Cat's Axiom: 149 USD/EUR (instead of 199)
- Blue Cat's Axe Pack: 239 USD/EUR (instead of 299)

Axiom 1.4: the ultimate virtual pedal-board?Image

Enjoy! :party:

The correct AxePack link: https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Bundle_AxePack/

That's quite a bargain.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks! The link has been fixed.

Nice update ! :) the new pedal gui are very nice

:tu:

Love the stomp gui, any chance the wooden background is
a separate graphic file that can be edited? Being able to
edit it to look like driftwood, or weathered fencing etc would
be cool. Simple hue and grayscale mods. This must be 4 or 5
free updates in a row now? :party: Muchas gracias :party:

:tu:

You could probably do custom skins for the plug-ins (the image is a separate file inside the plug-in skins folders). If you are on Mac, do not change it inside the plug-in though, as it would invalidate the signature of the plug-in.

glokraw wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:06 pm any chance the wooden background is
a separate graphic file that can be edited?
I did change the wood background :D
Capture01.JPG

I'm running Axiom as VST3 on PC though
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nice! Maybe we should provide an option to customize it!

That's a very nice vintage amp skin behind, by the way!

BlueberryPie wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:48 pm I'm running Axiom as VST3 on PC though
It is possible on Mac too. You just have to copy the entire "Skins" and "Components" directories outside of the plug-in and do the changes there. You can then select the modified skin and set it as default from each plug-in.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:52 pm That's a very nice vintage amp skin behind, by the way!
Yes, I did create my own skins for the destruction and filter racks. It's very easy to customize it.

One thing is when I installed the V1.4 I was not sure so I did back up the graphics and .sub files I added (which where in separate sub-directories) ... and hopefully I did so because the install overwrites the whole graphic/skin directory - which is normal because it's not supposed to be customized in the first place.

Yes, it is indeed a good idea to back things up. You could also duplicate the data in a custom folder, but it is definitely easier to do it in place as you do not have to change the skin files preferences.

BTW feel free to share your experience and some more screenshots of your custom skins!

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:33 pm BTW feel free to share your experience and some more screenshots of your custom skins!
Sure... here some examples
Capture04.JPG
Capture03.JPG
Capture02.JPG
Capture05.JPG

Graphic are .png files located in a subdirectory located under .../Skins/Racks/Graphics/Background directory of Axiom. (btw this is Destructor customizing so I guess it could work similar with the Destructor plugin alone.)

The skins are .sub files that look like that :
Capture06.JPG
You can see the path to the custom .png graphic files in the screen copy above. There are two files : 1 header and 1 body.

Just copy one of the standard .sub file to make your own ones in notepad. You can change the body / header pics, choose knobs from the Axiom collection and adjust their positions. New .sub file will be accessible in the 'Select UI style' of the filter/destruction racks - but you have to re-start Axiom after you create new files. There are separate directories for Filters and Destruction racks .sub files (and the best is to create your own sub-dir next to the existing ones)

Note that you can make graphics bigger than the "standard" Axiom dimensions (i.e. the existing AXIOM graphic files for header and body). If the body file is higher then the Destruction container will adapt in size, which is cool (not sure it works if the pic is wider). So you can use an full amp faceplate image if you want - like in Amplitude4 for example. The tricky thing in this case is to adjust the knob placement to fit with the image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here is an example of image .png files

header (though most of the timle I use a standard header like a tolex texture)
TS_green_header.png

body
TS_green_body.png
These are real size image I used.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”