Stutter Edit 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

metaside wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:39 pm
audiot wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:52 am
metaside wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:57 am After trying it out I have to say that the upper limit of 2 Bars is not a good thing at all. In general it's a good plugin, but other plugins such as Shaperbox allow for much longer patterns nowadays.
You can create two sequences that are played one after another (fiddly but it works).

But yes ... i was also hoping for at least 4 bars in version 2 :?
Yeah, thanks for the idea! I don't mind controlling effects with MIDI and automation, it just kinda sucks when you compare it to stuff like Shaperbox in which you can go from 1/128 to 32 Bars (StutterEdit v2 goes from 1/16 to 2 Bars). Apart from that I mostly really like the v2.
I love Shaperbox :tu: , but havent used it for some months :? I was so happy that the UI is resizable now, until i realized that editing the curves is really slow/laggy in the resized modes (at least in Cubase). I hoped they would fix this soon, but it seems that i have to make another bug report :roll:

How does Stutter Edit 2 compare to ShaperBox 2? I do have SE 1, so I could upgrade, but the price is not far from ShaperBox 2... so I am wondering what SE2 offers that SB2 doesn't, and whether I'd be better off with SB2?

tq wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:31 am How does Stutter Edit 2 compare to ShaperBox 2? I do have SE 1, so I could upgrade, but the price is not far from ShaperBox 2... so I am wondering what SE2 offers that SB2 doesn't, and whether I'd be better off with SB2?
ShaperBox has only 5 effects included, but the overall quality of the effects is better than the internal effects in Stutter Edit or the Sugar Bytes stuff (especially the filter). You can do awesome stuff with it, and it can also be triggered via midi notes. Download the demo and see if it works for you. If i wouldnt have that resizing bug, it would be my top choice/recommendation. It's currently available for 89 euros ... that's a damn good price :o I paid the full price for version 1 as far as i can remeber.

tq wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:31 am How does Stutter Edit 2 compare to ShaperBox 2? I do have SE 1, so I could upgrade, but the price is not far from ShaperBox 2... so I am wondering what SE2 offers that SB2 doesn't, and whether I'd be better off with SB2?
I use both, and love both :love:

Stutter Edit is performance-oriented. First of all, buffer + stutter controls are much more streamlined and dynamic than TimeShaper curve. Secondly, you can sync it to subdivision of BPM and modulate the tempo on the fly, still in sync. Great for creative experiments. ShaperBox is more like a mixing tool if you know exactly where you're going.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

why do ya want dat?

:o You even find an artist recommandation from BT (the developer of SE2) on the ShaperBox Product page. This is what BT says about Shaperbox:

"ShaperBox is a masterpiece of simplicity of use and complexity of sound. In my daily arsenal."

:hihi: :lol: :hihi:

Kinh wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:38 am why do ya want dat?
are you under the impression that you're good?

am i the only 1 rlly upset the upgrade is like 100$.. i cant afford that for an effect, but this is cool and stutteredit1 does enough of the trick for me.
yall producers r rich, i guess.
Does producing really make that much money to upgrade every time?

TDVV wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:01 pm am i the only 1 rlly upset the upgrade is like 100$.. i cant afford that for an effect, but this is cool and stutteredit1 does enough of the trick for me.
No, you must have dayjob (or blow-) to finance this hobby.

Harry_HH wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:15 pm
TDVV wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:01 pm am i the only 1 rlly upset the upgrade is like 100$.. i cant afford that for an effect, but this is cool and stutteredit1 does enough of the trick for me.
Speak for yourself! I'm f**king rolling in it :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:18 pm
..or you can roll it in, as a pro.

Harry_HH wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:20 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:18 pm
..or you can roll it in, as a pro.
I like to reel it in and then spit it out :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEdT12UplAA

Short answer ... YES! :hihi:

:wink:

Joking aside ... a lot of established artists have serious problems at the moment, because the clubs are closed :( It always depends on the genre, but most of them need the gigs to have an income. If you are a famous Trap/HipHop/Charts/Whatever producer you can still have an income from music platforms, license fees, merchandise, sample packs, whatever ... but even they are choking at the moment. And 100$ is relative ... if you live in a western country, a clubbing night can cost you the same (depends on the region).

okay.. well not everyone intends to Capitalize on their personal expression & do work normal multiple jobs & stuff while helping fam & bills in everyday life.

u dont have to capitalize on all ur life passions to make art & express yrself
upgrades r still overpriced imo

TDVV wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:47 pm okay.. well not everyone intends to Capitalize on their personal expression & do work normal multiple jobs & stuff while helping fam & bills in everyday life.

u dont have to capitalize on all ur life passions to make art & express yrself
upgrades r still overpriced imo
Sure ... i even wrote a few pages before, that the upgrade price is to steep, because SE1 was frequently on sale for less than 50 euros. Just wait a few months ... the upgrade price will drop :tu: I luckily can afford it, so i did the upgrade just for the rezisable UI, but SE1 is still great!

Return to “Effects”