Stutter Edit 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think they intended AUTO mode to be a way to continually hear the effect repeat so you could make adjustments to the effect without worrying about playing MIDI keys or setting up DAW routing, with the idea that you would ultimately still use the final result in MIDI mode, which was the only way to use v1.

However, since there is now an AUTO mode, I'm sure a lot of people will want to just leave it in AUTO mode and use it that way, in which case it would definitely work better with more than 2 bars. I have no idea how good iZotope are about taking feature requests, but I have a feeling this would actually be a pretty trivial feature to implement so it might be worth hitting them up.

trackbout wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:54 pm I think they intended AUTO mode to be a way to continually hear the effect repeat so you could make adjustments to the effect without worrying about playing MIDI keys or setting up DAW routing, with the idea that you would ultimately still use the final result in MIDI mode, which was the only way to use v1.

However, since there is now an AUTO mode, I'm sure a lot of people will want to just leave it in AUTO mode and use it that way, in which case it would definitely work better with more than 2 bars. I have no idea how good iZotope are about taking feature requests, but I have a feeling this would actually be a pretty trivial feature to implement so it might be worth hitting them up.
Yeah, that makes sense. I already wrote to them about it directly when it was released, but no idea if it is on the list now...
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

metaside wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:24 am
Local Man wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:28 pm When you upgrade to Stutter Edit 2, do you get to keep Stutter Edit 1 or does it get replaced?
Call me a masochist but I’ve actually grown accustomed to the SE1 interface :o
You can use both at the same time.
Thanks!

Anyone know how long the $29 upgrade offer lasts?

I want to waffle over this for as long as possible and ultimately end up making the purchase last second as always.

Local Man wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:36 pm Anyone know how long the $29 upgrade offer lasts?

I want to waffle over this for as long as possible and ultimately end up making the purchase last second as always.
I sometimes do the same. :) When I log into my Izotope user account, it lists that price for the upgrade and says "Your loyalty pricing ends Dec. 21."

bboxdw wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:00 am
Local Man wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:36 pm Anyone know how long the $29 upgrade offer lasts?

I sometimes do the same. :) When I log into my Izotope user account, it lists that price for the upgrade and says "Your loyalty pricing ends Dec. 21."
Oh wow, that’s sooner than I thought. Thanks!
I thought this deal was just through 3rd party vendors for some reason so I didn’t think to look in my izotope account.

trackbout wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:54 pm I think they intended AUTO mode to be a way to continually hear the effect repeat so you could make adjustments to the effect without worrying about playing MIDI keys or setting up DAW routing, with the idea that you would ultimately still use the final result in MIDI mode, which was the only way to use v1.

What I really want there is a simple way to automate gesture changes. It can Ben a bit cumbersome, especially in Logic, to set it up to be performed by keyboard information when all you really want is to just use a simple automation parameter to change and trigger gestures.

This kind of solution would be a huge hit in the post-production world too.

simon.a.billington wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:00 am What I really want there is a simple way to automate gesture changes. It can Ben a bit cumbersome, especially in Logic, to set it up to be performed by keyboard information when all you really want is to just use a simple automation parameter to change and trigger gestures.

This kind of solution would be a huge hit in the post-production world too.
I actually find it pretty quick to set up in Logic Pro! But ya, couldn't hurt to have more options.

I think they're set on using midi instead of automation for triggering. I can think of a few ways that using automation would be problematic to add on top of the midi mode, but with that being said you can use something like bidule to convert automation to midi and use it that way. It would only need to be set up once although it would be as much of a pain to load bidule and then load a preset everytime you wanted use automation as it would be to use midi in the first place.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

@Ah_Dziz That what i did. More precisely - emulate daw transport in playing state thru Bidule for use StutterEdit as usual fx (even in stopped state of primary host, and without any midi) lol
Btw cool trick, it allow to use any linear (playing\tempo-depended) fx how you want.

i have a version of stutter edit one i am selling,pm me if interested

Just purchased it on PB for a 9,99$. Best deal ever! :)

Yaroslove wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:46 pm Just purchased it on PB for a 9,99$. Best deal ever! :)
Stutter edit 2 for $9.99? Where did you find that? Unless I missed a sale it's showing $99 on pluginboutique right now.

guitarmiester wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:06 pm
Yaroslove wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:46 pm Just purchased it on PB for a 9,99$. Best deal ever! :)
Stutter edit 2 for $9.99? Where did you find that? Unless I missed a sale it's showing $99 on pluginboutique right now.
Actually it's around 200 euros, I checked yesterday I think...

I guess you used loyalty money to get it so low while it was on offer ? :?:

Return to “Effects”