Eventide H3000 Factory @ $79 - worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
H3000 Factory

did the mentioned "added value" ever materialize??

Not yet - but it is a pretty safe bet that it will be H3000 MK2 with modelled in and out converters, yadda yadda...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

How is the CPU usage? I like very light multiprocessors with good modulation options a lot. I would never pay close to the list price for this but if it's super lightweight on the CPU then 80 bucks could be the jam.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

It's light, of course - but this is really a decades old plugin - just look at that GUI - why would you not use something modern like BYOME/TRIAD instead?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:22 pm Not yet - but it is a pretty safe bet that it will be H3000 MK2 with modelled in and out converters, yadda yadda...
I hope so, but I’m not convinced it’s “a safe bet.”

What makes you say that?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

They say if you upgrade to Anthology now, you get their new plugin released in October then also. Maybe it's a redo of H3000 or another of the Structural plugins like SplitEQ/Phsyion.

Edit: I've read it somewhere, can't find now where they've mentioned it.
Edit2: Found it, was in a recent email, next plugin should be released mid-September.

Yeah, I'm aware that Orville71 said that getting Anthology XII "will get you added value in the future," and I was even the one who noted that Eventide were calling the H3000 blowout the "H3000 Legacy Sale."

I was just wondering if there was something more than that that confirmed or strongly hinted at the speculation of a new H3000 plugin that I wasn't aware of.

I am cautiously optimistic about there being an H3000 MKII on the horizon, but it doesn't feel like "a safe bet" to me yet.

jamcat wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:26 am Yeah, I'm aware that Orville71 said that getting Anthology XII "will get you added value in the future," and I was even the one who noted that Eventide were calling the H3000 blowout the "H3000 Legacy Sale."

I was just wondering if there was something more than that that confirmed or strongly hinted at the speculation of a new H3000 plugin that I wasn't aware of.

I am cautiously optimistic about there being an H3000 MKII on the horizon, but it doesn't feel like "a safe bet" to me yet.
In their forum they said, that a better/bigger GUI is on their list for the H3000 plugins.
That was a year ago.
https://www.eventideaudio.com/forums/to ... and-delay/

I cannot comment on what the added value will be at this point, but it will available in the next few weeks. Just a reminder that our plug-in sale ends today so now would be a good time to save!

dermage wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:24 am They say if you upgrade to Anthology now, you get their new plugin released in October then also. Maybe it's a redo of H3000 or another of the Structural plugins like SplitEQ/Phsyion.

Edit: I've read it somewhere, can't find now where they've mentioned it.
Edit2: Found it, was in a recent email, next plugin should be released mid-September.

I see it in the email from August 26, "The Final Days of Pluginpalooza!"
Eventide email wrote: Level up with an upgrade to our everything bundle and receive our next plug-in FREE*!

*Plug-in will be added to the Anthology XII installer upon release mid-September

Since this sale is over and the mystery plugin is out (Physion Mk II :neutral:), we should continue this conversation here

jamcat wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:04 am
jens wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:22 pm Not yet - but it is a pretty safe bet that it will be H3000 MK2 with modelled in and out converters, yadda yadda...
I hope so, but I’m not convinced it’s “a safe bet.”

What makes you say that?
It's my conclusion from what they (mainly Tony Agnello) said about their older plugins - I can't remember exactly where, when and how but the gist of it was something along the lines of:

>>We're not satisfied anymore with the old stuff. Back then CPUs weren't strong enough to do exact emulations including various non-linearities. We therefor want to redo them.<<

Now I do not remember anymore whether they ever said something in tha vain about the H3000 Factory, but keep in mind that its in/out section was (as I already mentioned in this thread) developed by Dave Derr and is considered to be an important factor of the H3000s sound.

And why would they redo the Flanger, the Phaser and the Omnipressor but not the H3000?

So I don't think there is any reason to doubt that it will happen at some point.

https://youtu.be/akud19JpZ0g

astralprojection wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:45 pm No. The vst sounds nothing like the hardware.
That's because the original developers of many famous algorithms of the H3000 and the coder (Ken Bogdanowicz and Bob Belcher) took them with and founded Soundtoys.

...and Dave Derr (now Empirical Labs) designed the AD-converters.

AFAIK Eventide doesn't have the copyright to use many of the original algorithms. That is why the VST-version sounds significantely different.

Bottom line: If you want the sound of the old Eventide, buy Soundtoys.
OTOH though: Soundtoys didn't seem to do anything new for years and before that, they were more into analog emulations than creating exciting new digital effects.

Garrincha wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:47 pm
astralprojection wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:45 pm No. The vst sounds nothing like the hardware.
That's because the original developers of many famous algorithms of the H3000 and the coder (Ken Bogdanowicz and Bob Belcher) took them with and founded Soundtoys.

[...]

AFAIK Eventide doesn't have the copyright to use many of the original algorithms. That is why the VST-version sounds significantely different.
What's your source on this? First of all that's the first time I ever heard this and then it would be a highly unusual legal setting anyway, so please forgive me when I think that's nothing more than an unfounded rumour.

And what's more: the H3000 Factory does use an original algorithm of the original device, doesn't it?
(And so does Band Delays, no?)

a) Algorithms developed under employment of a company ALWAYS belong to the company, not the employee.

b) Algorithms are patented, not copyrighted.

Return to “Effects”