Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So is this only for people who've "released" (read: posted on their SoundCloud account) entire albums, or will you be doing individual pieces, too? I would imagine it's somewhat easier to review an album as a (hopefully) cohesive whole, but it's also rather time-consuming to listen to the whole thing--especially when it's Caturday on the KVR forum! And many here don't necessarily have an entire "album", though they may have a song or two they'd like to have reviewed or whatever.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Albums are for old folks. :)
ImageImageImageImage

BONES wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:34 am
EMReviews wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:31 pm Hi, it's Matt. I'm in the electronic music niche myself and know how hard it always was to get to the surface with a new release, to get noticed properly. That's why some friends and I recently launched a review channel on Youtube to help other EM producers to make themselves heard (note; EM, not EDM!). I'm curious, are you happy with the feedback, sales, plays etc, or did you hope for more for your albums?
How is EDM not also EM? EM is a meta-category. If you're not going to accept all kinds of EDM, then you are going to have to clarify what you're looking for.
how is electronic music a meta category?
you dont mean a category of edm surely? please?
its not related at all to edm.

how can people not know what it is? ffs we are on a synth and music tech forum???

can you make creme brulee?

:lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

:popcorn: :ud:

vurt wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:34 amhow is electronic music a meta category?
you dont mean a category of edm surely? please?
Other way around. Electronic Music encompasses EDM, EBM and at least a dozen other categories that I can think of (likely dozens more I cannot).
"Meta (from the Greek meta- μετά- meaning "after" or "beyond") is a prefix meaning more comprehensive or transcending."
how can people not know what it is? ffs we are on a synth and music tech forum???
Because these things aren't carved in stone. What you think of as EM is very likely not what I think of as EM, just as your take on Avant Garde is likely to be very different to mine. To me Electronic Music is all of it, not just one particular style. If you make music with synthesisers, then to me it is electronic music. It might also be rock or industrial or drum 'n' bass but it is still electronic music, too. If it has a different meaning for you, then it is not one I am aware of. Similarly, to me EDM is a meta-category for every style of dance music, from horrible pop through to horrible D'n'B and every other horrible category in between. It's all EDM to me.

And as long as we're FFS'ing, then FFS, EDM has both words in it - Electronic and Music - putting "Dance" in the middle doesn't stop the other two words from applying equally. All the "dancing" does is qualify it. Think of it as Electronic Music that you can Dance to (if you take the appropriate mid-altering substances). And no, EBM isn't Electronic Music that you can Body to. That would be stupid. What it is is Electronic Music with an associated Body count.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:07 am Similarly, to me EDM is a meta-category for every style of dance music, from horrible pop through to horrible D'n'B and every other horrible category in between. It's all EDM to me.
That is great.
Turn 'EDM' into a derogative creative term that can be applied anywhere. :clap:
I dont have a great witty example right off the top of my head, but Im sure we will come up with one.

Its all 'techno' to my mum. :party:
ImageImageImageImage

But it is, it is "Electronic Dance Music" so it has to apply to every kind. It's like rock - Gothic Rock is still rock, Heavy Metal Rock is still rock, Soft Rock is still rock, Punk Rock is still rock. And a lot of it is Techno. Trance used to be called Trance Techno and then, at some point, they misplaced the "Techno" part of it. But that doesn't mean it isn't all techno. To anyone on the outside, the sub-genres of dance music are just absurd.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:20 pm Agree with Bones. EM is the umbrella term, and you got EDM and every other type of EM underneath.

well you can be wrong together :P

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:30 pm I am never wrong, just factually alternative.
you certainly picked the right time for existence then :tu:
:hihi:

vurt wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:24 pm
Vortifex wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:20 pm Agree with Bones. EM is the umbrella term, and you got EDM and every other type of EM underneath.
well you can be wrong together :P
Not if you're disagreeing with us, we can't.

EBM is equally vulgar. It's not even real industrial music just some wannabe angry techno shit. I think If i had to choose i'd prefer EDM.

:hihi:
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:34 am EBM is equally vulgar. It's not even real industrial music just some wannabe angry techno shit. I think If i had to choose i'd prefer EDM.
Interestingly, some reckon Trance grew out of early EBM. The other interesting thing is that if you look at Industrial bands with any longevity, from Cabaret Voltaire to Die Krupps, they all evolved into electronic artists, mostly doing EBM style music. That makes it perfectly reasonable to see EBM as the evolution of Industrial music. The fact that you don't like it is really just the cherry on top.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”