Is it Honestly True That Access Virus = VSTI's

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

recursive one wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:25 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:17 pm
recursive one wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:02 pm I don't get the camera analogy here. The goal of a camera is to capture an image, the less artifacts and distortion it produces, the better. It's something easily measurable I think.
Then you must not have spent any time on photography forums
Surely I din't. Turning off the auto regime on my phone camera is already too much effort for me when it comes to anything photo :D

But yes, it seems that photo guys are even more obsessed with insignificant things than synth guys :tu:
You would not believe the obsession over the photography minutia... it might indeed be more than the synth guys... then again, there are some Gearslutz threads that make one wonder :)

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:49 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:25 pm The first digital camera I had made a lot of money for me and I took lots of excellent photos with it. Those are still good photos today. The cameras I have today are superior in every way and I would never go back.
Do you have an online gallery and what camera do you have?
pdxindy wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:17 pm endless discussions of the color palettes of Canon vs Nikon vs Fuji vs Sony and so on.
I bought olympus om-d series cam to accompany my nikon.. I prefer olympus :D The pictures it spits out, just pleases my eyes more than nikon. Even though it's only 16mpix sensor compared to 24mpix of nikon.
I no longer have a photo website as I stopped doing paid work. I'm using Fuji cameras these days (X-T4).

Here is a photo I took couple days ago... macro of the inside of a wild poppy variety that is just blooming here in New Mexico.
Poppy 68.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

recursive one wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:50 pm like buying a very expensive top end camera just to make photos of your cat.
No camera is too expensive or high end to take pictures only of your cat 8)
Agreed!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

pdxindy wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:49 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:25 pm The first digital camera I had made a lot of money for me and I took lots of excellent photos with it. Those are still good photos today. The cameras I have today are superior in every way and I would never go back.
pdxindy wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:17 pm endless discussions of the color palettes of Canon vs Nikon vs Fuji vs Sony and so on.
I bought olympus om-d series cam to accompany my nikon.. I prefer olympus :D The pictures it spits out, just pleases my eyes more than nikon. Even though it's only 16mpix sensor compared to 24mpix of nikon.
I no longer have a photo website as I stopped doing paid work. I'm using Fuji cameras these days (X-T4).

Here is a photo I took couple days ago... macro of the inside of a wild poppy variety that is just blooming here in New Mexico.

Poppy 68.jpg
Lovely :love:

I've been giving an eye for Fujifilm cameras too, but the only one I could afford atm was Instax mini 11 :lol:

Nothing wrong with it though.

pdxindy wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:49 pm

Poppy 68.jpg
Awesome pic! :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

pdxindy wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:57 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:40 pmI eventually also sold my rack TI as it wasnt a case of if other VST could sound the same, it was a case of they sounded 'better' to me in just about every way I could perceive and were more flexible/better features.
Because some people highly praise the Virus, I have multiple times listened to audio examples, demoed it in music stores and every time I conclude that I like the sound of my favorite softsynths distinctly better than anything I hear from the Virus.

It's an iconic synth... but it has been lapped by the field at this point... maybe twice
There’s two things going on. People bond to instruments and because the Virus was one of the best synths of its time, a lot of people bonded to it. Even people who came to it later could hear the sound of their favorite artists. It’s become a classic.

Then there’s people like us who have more distance from it. It’s by no means a bad synth, but it’s been surpassed technically and it’s sound character isn’t really the latest style. I had a C and I really liked it, but when I moved ITB, I found I didn’t miss it. Years later, I picked up a Snow and... I was underwhelmed. It was fine, but 15 years had gone by, and I’d much rather use Dune 3 or one of a dozen other plugins.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Sorry to bump an old thread but you will be able to use the Virus as a VST without the need for hardware very soon :)

viewtopic.php?t=559359

https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/blog/

:tu: :tu: :tu:

pdxindy wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:57 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:40 pmI eventually also sold my rack TI as it wasnt a case of if other VST could sound the same, it was a case of they sounded 'better' to me in just about every way I could perceive and were more flexible/better features.
Because some people highly praise the Virus, I have multiple times listened to audio examples, demoed it in music stores and every time I conclude that I like the sound of my favorite softsynths distinctly better than anything I hear from the Virus.

It's an iconic synth... but it has been lapped by the field at this point... maybe twice
It's just an instrument. People still buy telecasters.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”