Favorite Kontakt Libraries for atmospheric ambient and organic string instruments/sounds?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
dasen
KVRist
146 posts since 15 May, 2012

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:16 pm

Favorite Kontakt Libraries for atmospheric ambient and organic string instruments/sounds?

BBFG#
KVRAF
5925 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Re: Favorite Kontakt Libraries for atmospheric ambient and organic string instruments/sounds?

Post Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:48 pm

Do you mean only the ones made by NI or by anyone?
Not much of a fan for most of the NI ones.
But what first comes to mind and very much like are Vir2 Q, Vir2 Fractured and Vir2 Violence...

Cinebient
KVRAF
4611 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Re: Favorite Kontakt Libraries for atmospheric ambient and organic string instruments/sounds?

Post Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:05 pm

Harmonic Subtones / Best Service Emotional Cello, Emotional Violin (yes, not only great solo strings but my favorites for atmospheric string sounds, best sustains and strings textures in any library for me).
Then Heavyocity Intimate and Rhythmic Textures.

Fleer
KVRAF
4750 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:24 pm

Spitfire Audio NEO, including ambient strings and synths.

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
9557 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:12 pm

It will come down to how much you feel like spending. Best bang for your buck strings is without a doubt NOVO Essentials from Heavyocity.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), UR44C, Cubase, DUNE, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Hive, Substance, Arcsyn, Aparillo, Phase Plant, Pigments, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2.

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
15852 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:11 am

Fleer wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:24 pm
Spitfire Audio NEO, including ambient strings and synths.
Yeah! I bought Tundra a couple of months before the release of 'NEO, and I think NEO might've been a little closer to what I wanted. Not that I feel regret - Tundra is a beautiful library. I just feel that for what I am doing at the moment that a more 'intimate' sound profile would be a better fit.

Missed out on the last Heavyocity sale, but I may end up supplementing the more open nature of T with 'Intimate Textures', at some point.

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Post Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:32 am

Cinebient wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:05 pm
Harmonic Subtones / Best Service Emotional Cello, Emotional Violin (yes, not only great solo strings but my favorites for atmospheric string sounds, best sustains and strings textures in any library for me).
Wow! 'Emotional Cello' sounds beautiful! Lovely legato (including fingered), and the other articulations all sound great :love:

So out of my budget for a solo instrument, though. I'm guessing they do sales?

revvy
KVRian
573 posts since 15 Feb, 2020

Post Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:44 am

BONES wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:12 pm
It will come down to how much you feel like spending. Best bang for your buck strings is without a doubt NOVO Essentials from Heavyocity.
It's superb really.

Cinebient
KVRAF
4611 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:56 am

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:32 am
Cinebient wrote:
Wow! 'Emotional Cello' sounds beautiful! Lovely legato (including fingered), and the other articulations all sound great :love:

Yes, sometimes. I think this was on sale not long ago, even 50% off and i guess it will be again from time to time. The Emotional Viola should be close to release so maybe a sale from the Emotional Cello (and maybe Violin) comes as well before.
Like i said. I really love the sustains and string textures you get with this one and especially the Cello is the best here for me.

classic
KVRAF
1831 posts since 26 Jul, 2004

Post Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:01 am

I still use STS from HG Fortune.
With the right reverb and some eqining you get the best out of it.

dandezebra
KVRian
1315 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Post Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:26 pm

Not quite 50% off but close:

https://audioplugin.deals/emotional-cello-best-service/

Nice HG Fortune mention. Still, some of my favorite instruments.

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Post Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:31 am

Cinebient wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:56 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:32 am
Cinebient wrote:

Yes, sometimes. I think this was on sale not long ago, even 50% off and i guess it will be again from time to time. The Emotional Viola should be close to release so maybe a sale from the Emotional Cello (and maybe Violin) comes as well before.
Like i said. I really love the sustains and string textures you get with this one and especially the Cello is the best here for me.
It does sound lovely :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Post Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:33 am

dandezebra wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:26 pm
Not quite 50% off but close:

https://audioplugin.deals/emotional-cello-best-service/
Can't afford it, currently. But it's good to know that it does occasionally go on sale. Black Friday, perhaps :scared:

Many thanks!

courtjestr
KVRist
178 posts since 25 Aug, 2018

Post Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:30 pm

I really like the libraries from Frozen Plain and Audiofier. You can pick them up pretty cheap at audioplugin.deals as well.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”