Sylenth vs Serum?? please read

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Serum Sylenth1

claudedefaren wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:24 pm Sylenth sounds better.
LOL

But in all seriousness, both are great additions to your arsenal. Serum can obviously do more and has a lot more filters, FX, etc.

As others have said, I'd get Sylenth first it's easily one of the best synths around (despite its age!). And if you feel you want more then get Serum at some point down the line. :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claudedefaren wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:31 pm I expect a basic level of respect from you as well.
You haven't been around KvR very long, have you?

:hihi:

When I think Progressive Trance, it's actually either Spire or Viper/Virus for me. Serum is more Future Bass. Sylenth1 is good, but more limited than Spire.

Between those 2, and only those 2 (in other words I personally like other synths better), I'd just go with Serum. I'll limit my comments to just that.

If compare them side by side no doubt Serum is better machine,but...
One synth is never enough,once you buy one,there will be another for sure :)
To what direction you want to evolve as producer,that's must b the choice and usage of synths.
Cheers :)

Also if the synth doesn't inspire you to make your music,it's not your horse :):):)

claudedefaren wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:31 pm I expect a basic level of respect from you as well.
Good luck with that... :tu:

Maybe next time, when you make a sweeping statement. Actually say it's 'just your opinion'. Otherwise people might not take you too seriously.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Synthmaster One
Cheaper of them and has tons of amazing sounds as well as an easy to use interface.

Also Ana2 is on sale for like $50 which has sampler oscillators, fm, wavetable, ect. Which is a great all around tool.

Also unlike sylenth and serum you can have 6 primary oscillators (3 waves and 3 samples) along with subs and a mixer built in. This is ANA2
Last edited by MuzikFreq on Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I regretted to get sylenth in place of serum. As OP said: serum can do everything sylenth does in a more modern way and much more.

I was going to suggest sylenth. Mainly because you seem to be more of a musician than a sound designer. Many of the features serum has are useless unless you intend to design complex sounds from the ground up.

However, you are very lucky in this specific situation. Both plugins are available on rent-to-own and both companies allow you to pause your subscription at any time and pick it back up later. Meaning that you can pick one and always switch to the other if you decide things aren't working out. You will also never lose your progress and can always finish one payment and then pick up where you left with the other. You could even decide you have extra money one month and make a payment on each

I recommend owning both for almost anyone planning to do any sort of production. You really are in the best situation possible as far as decisions go because you can literally have both without much trouble. All you need is a little patience.

Hope this helps.

One last thing... serum is great and it use to be my go-to but I own many synths these days and sylenth gets used far more than serum. Serum is great in this comparison but doesn't stand up so well against something like zebra 2 or even pigments.

claudedefaren wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:14 pm It should be perfectly obvious when someone is stating their opinion. In less than a minute I was able to browse your post history and pull up these 3 examples in which you make generalized opinion statements, without stating it's "just your opinion."

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=540809&p=7685844#p7685844

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=540727&p=7683216#p7683216

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=539607&p=7662715#p7662715

Please stop being rude.
LOL. I'll stop being rude when you stop stalking me. Eeek... Creepy guy, there's one on every forum. :o

Actually, I'm going to be my good old rude self - But feel free to ignore my 'opinions'. :D

mschenkel wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:54 pm I regretted to get sylenth in place of serum. As OP said: serum can do everything sylenth does in a more modern way and much more.
That sounds like they sound exactly the same.

Return to “Instruments”