Wanderer - Ambient Electronic

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a short journey to some lush sounds ...

https://soundcloud.com/virtualex_germany/wanderer

Always happy for pointing out things I might improve!

regards
Virtualex

Okay, so I'm listening to this and I'm 1:30 into the song and it's essentially an 8 note sequence with some minor variatrions in the surrounding sounds. Two minutes in, at least it starts to intensify a bit sound wise. So that's something.

As a synth pallet, and mix wise, it's excellent. The problem is, musically, there isn't much here. Maybe for some folks the "glitz" is enough to keep their attention, and there is sure enough of that. But for me, at almost 5 and a half minutes long, there just isn't enough to keep me interested.

The production is great. The problem is, it's two slices of bread with tons of condiments and very little meat.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:46 pm
Thanks for taking the time to listen and to comment!!

I get what you say - to some extend that is intentionally though.

After the first sketch of the track, I felt it was too loud and too crowded for an ambient track and so I started to remove elements and tone it down.

In the end, I called it something "ambient-electronic" - I still feel there is too much going on for an ambient track.

I'll rethink what I might change so that it's less repetitive but keeps an ambient character.

Thanks!

Return to “Music Cafe”