PSP InfiniStrip is out ($129, requires software iLok)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PSP InfiniStrip

Sorry, but this is a cop out. I expected more from PSP than putting the onus on users to "use higher sample rates" to correct problems within their plugins. And he didn't even address cramping which there's just no excuse for these days. Like I said, I expected more from PSP. I no longer do.

ElevateAudio wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:15 pm Sorry, but this is a cop out. I expected more from PSP than putting the onus on users to "use higher sample rates" to correct problems within their plugins. And he didn't even address cramping which there's just no excuse for these days. Like I said, I expected more from PSP. I no longer do.
Sure, asking to use higher sample rate in 2020 is not fair. Some of us want to stay in 90s forever.
44.1kHz, Pentium II and 360p analog monitors for life! :P

kinda kicking myself for missing the $88 best service deal.
i don't suppose it can be found for a similar price anywhere else?

I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I couldn't resist, but now not sure if I need this. Still trying it out. But the presets badly need a proper browser.

pixel85 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:42 am
ElevateAudio wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:15 pm Sorry, but this is a cop out. I expected more from PSP than putting the onus on users to "use higher sample rates" to correct problems within their plugins. And he didn't even address cramping which there's just no excuse for these days. Like I said, I expected more from PSP. I no longer do.
Sure, asking to use higher sample rate in 2020 is not fair. Some of us want to stay in 90s forever.
44.1kHz, Pentium II and 360p analog monitors for life! :P
Yeah, there are no developers making plugins with proper OS to combat aliasing and/or cramping.

Recently demoed the plugin and i quite liked the sound of the modules and how versatile it is. However, i see a big value for money issue here for PSP compared to the Waves Scheps Omni Channel. Imho it's an equally great plugin with a similar approach which can be bought frequently throughout the year for just about 26$ (rarely even less). To be honest, Waves probably shouldn't sell it that cheap...but that's how things are nowadays. Competition is hard in this market.
As for oversampling: i think at least every plugin that involves limiting/clipping/saturation should have the option. CPU load is really not an argument for me here. Include the option to turn it off for realtime processing and to turn it on for rendering. Then best of both worlds is in our hands!

There are plenty of plugins that need to be run at 88/96 or higher. Some say oversampling causes more cpu strain than running the whole session at a higher rate. Running at higher rates is all about what plugins you use.

Look at the instance counts for the Waves servers. The single core power of all 3 is pretty similar. That’s why none of em can run more than like 8 instances of H-reverb at 96. But the Extreme Server can run like 180 mono NLS over 80 on the Impact server. There are plenty of Waves plugins that can run hundreds of instances on the weak impact server. 2500, CLA76,L2, Ren stuff, Audio track, etc.

Some of these inexpensive Ryzen chips are way more powerful than that. You just have to be careful with high-cpu stuff. It’s also where you put plugins too, though no one has figured out the exact formulas as to how many plugins you can place where to maximize your cpu cycles.

A lot of people would be better off buying a cpu built around a Ryzen 1600 or 1700 instead of spending $500+ a year on plugins while working at 44/48. Or even better, do like a 9900k or 3900x. So many things sound better and are easier to work with at higher rates.
My attempt at creating an educational audio site along with something for my services:

http://www.fidelityrebellion.com

ViciousBliss wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:13 pm So many things sound better and are easier to work with at higher rates.
It's not quite that easy though. Some aliasing-prone processing needs more than 2x oversampling to sound right. So it's not fair to simply say run your sessions at 96khz. A few plugins do 8x oversampling, so to match those plugins you'll have to run your session at 352+khz. That's madness.

Then there's the issue of the added garbage that the aliasing leaves behind in the ultrasound range (and bleeds back into the audible range as you add more processing). Plugins that do large oversampling for aliasing reasons will also do their own cleanup to remove all content above 20khz or so. So if you want to match that when raising the session sample rate you would have to get into this pattern of throwing a LPF after each plugin you use.

It simply makes much more sense for the plugin to do whatever oversampling it needs to do on its own. Some algorithms only need 2x oversampling, others need 8x, let the plugin designer figure out what the algorithm needs and build that into the plugin.

Return to “Effects”