Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

This was initially the beta page, but now Odin 2 is released!

screenshot.png

So what is it?
- Kickass Sythesizer (Loads of features: draw oscillator waves, VA filters, onboard FX, much, much more)
- VST3 / AU / LV2 plugin
- Windows, MacOS and Linux

You can find the synth on
www.thewavewarden.com/odin2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TheWaveWarden on Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.

SE? C++?

Distorted Horizon wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:32 pm SE? C++?
Odin2 is written in C++ with JUCE.
Not sure what you mean by SE?

Looks beautiful. :love:

Since its JUCE, what about an AU?

Cinebient wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:45 pm Since its JUCE, what about an AU?
I'm trying to keep the maintenance rather low (already 3 OSs times 20 hosts) ;-)
However, I note your interest and if other people want it as well I might consider it.

I'd test an AU version.

Steinberg doesn't deliver VST2 id, right ? I'm having issues here making Reaper find VST3...

sinkmusic wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:31 pm Steinberg doesn't deliver VST2 id, right ? I'm having issues here making Reaper find VST3...
Yes, I’ve seen this before in Reaper, will try later and see if this is an issue.
:nutter: if you can read this, your screen is big

TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:39 pm what you mean by SE?
Synthedit. But glad that it's what it is :tu:

It reminds me of the Reason synth Thor, not only the name, but the GUI and the measurements :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:08 pm It reminds me of the Reason synth Thor, not only the name, but the GUI and the measurements :)
There might have been a slight inspiration ;-)

TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:20 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:08 pm It reminds me of the Reason synth Thor, not only the name, but the GUI and the measurements :)
There might have been a slight inspiration ;-)
:tu: :phones:
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

greetings... I am using Propellerheads Reason 10, and only VST2 instruments I can load... is there a way so I can test your synth? Many thanks

Milisonics wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:10 pm greetings... I am using Propellerheads Reason 10, and only VST2 instruments I can load... is there a way so I can test your synth? Many thanks
Steinberg made it so new developers can't distribute VST2 plugins without breaking the licence. That is not to say I don't have Odin2 as a VST2 - it is literally here on my harddrive, I'm just not allowed to give it to you, sorry.

Best you can do is write an email to Propellerheads asking when VST3 support will be ready.

Return to “Instruments”