Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

TheWaveWarden wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:30 pm
Peevy2000 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:57 pm my only real complaint so far is that the gui is tiny especially on my 2560x1440 res monitor.
This will be the first thing I will tackle apart from stability. I made the decision to render bitmaps for the GUI, which makes it hard to scale things, since everything gets blurry. I will probably rerender all graphics and provide a 150% and 200% version or something.

PS: Don't forget to send me that beautiful pad-sound of yours :)
That's great to hear & I'll send the patch just as soon as I add a bit more movement with some extra modwheel modulation, sometimes you're just never done tweaking a patch until it's just right.

Brother Greg wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:10 pmAU
Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:29 am AU version
Cinebient wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:45 pm Since its JUCE, what about an AU?
onerob wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:26 pm I'd test an AU version.
djanthonyw wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:50 pmI don't see the point of Mac support without an AU
Sorry I didn't know how else to tag you all in a post.

As my last post above describes there is an AU version now! :party:

Please note that I consider the AU build experimental. If too many problems arise, I might withdraw it again. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your feedback! :wink:

quick report: the AU version loads well on Mac under Hosting-AU and Logic Pro. Works weel under Hosting-AU.
In logic I have a terrible latency (little less than 1 second, so it seems)

Odin 2 is looking, er… sounding more and more like a winner! :clap:

The AU loads fine in Logic and I don't notice anything of the latency that autodafe mentions above – none at all (Logic 10.4.8, OS 10.14.6 Mojave, iMac 2019).

I'll try to locate the waveforms from Prophet VS – if it's possible to load user waveforms?

Really promising synth!
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Downloaded the aui and checked it out.

It's super phat. Loving the multi-oscillator & the Oberheim Filter options.

Going to test out the mod matrix at some point today.

Spitfire31 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:48 pm The AU loads fine in Logic and I don't notice anything of the latency that autodafe mentions above – none at all (Logic 10.4.8, OS 10.14.6 Mojave, iMac 2019).
sorry, my fault, I didn't notice that Logic was outputing audio to the Sonwarworks Reference 4 system plugin, and that was of course adding the terrible latency. All is OK now.

Hi TheWaveWarden,

first of all: Congratulations on that nice synth! :clap:
TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:14 pm Please keep in mind that without any feedback the whole beta is in vain for me, so even "I didn't encounter any bugs" would be helpful information!
You did not really believe that "I didn't encounter any bugs" would be the result, did you? :wink:

Anyways, I don't want to use the form and as you are active here, here's a bug report for you.

Operating System: Windows 8.1
DAW: REAPER 5.99
Brief description: Setting the source to "ModWheel" crashes REAPER
Steps to reproduce:
  • Start REAPER.
  • Add an instance of Odin2.
  • Set the "Source" of the first entry in the mod list to "ModWheel".
Observed behavior: REAPER crashes.
Expected behavior: REAPER does not crash and the "ModWheel" is set as a modulation source. :wink:

Edit: Also crashes for the following sources:
  • Global Envelope
  • Global LFO
  • X
  • Y
  • Pitch Bend
  • MIDI Aftertouch
  • Sustain Pedal
  • Soft Pedal
  • Constant
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

BlitBit wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:33 am You did not really believe that "I didn't encounter any bugs" would be the result, did you? :wink:
A man can dream :)

Any ways thanks for you detailled bug report - I got a similar one from another user, so the problem is not on your side. I have crashes on top of my priority list, so I'll take a look at it ASAP.

BlitBit wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:33 am Brief description: Setting the source to "ModWheel" crashes REAPER
I'm happy to report that the bug is fixed! I'll upload it with some other fixes in a new version this week. If you want it earlier you can contact me and I'll send it to you. Thanks again for your help! :tu:

Thank you for the update. It's good to see the phaser fixed ;)

TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:32 pm
BlitBit wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:33 am You did not really believe that "I didn't encounter any bugs" would be the result, did you? :wink:
A man can dream :)
[...]
I think this is every software developers dream. :)
TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:50 pm
BlitBit wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:33 am Brief description: Setting the source to "ModWheel" crashes REAPER
I'm happy to report that the bug is fixed! I'll upload it with some other fixes in a new version this week. If you want it earlier you can contact me and I'll send it to you.
Hey, that was quick. Thanks for the fix! No need to send the fixed version, I am a patient person. ;)
TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:50 pm Thanks again for your help! :tu:
You're welcome!
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

BlitBit wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:33 am Hi TheWaveWarden,

first of all: Congratulations on that nice synth! :clap:
TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:14 pm Please keep in mind that without any feedback the whole beta is in vain for me, so even "I didn't encounter any bugs" would be helpful information!
You did not really believe that "I didn't encounter any bugs" would be the result, did you? :wink:

Anyways, I don't want to use the form and as you are active here, here's a bug report for you.

Operating System: Windows 8.1
DAW: REAPER 5.99
Brief description: Setting the source to "ModWheel" crashes REAPER
Steps to reproduce:
  • Start REAPER.
  • Add an instance of Odin2.
  • Set the "Source" of the first entry in the mod list to "ModWheel".
Observed behavior: REAPER crashes.
Expected behavior: REAPER does not crash and the "ModWheel" is set as a modulation source. :wink:

Edit: Also crashes for the following sources:
  • Global Envelope
  • Global LFO
  • X
  • Y
  • Pitch Bend
  • MIDI Aftertouch
  • Sustain Pedal
  • Soft Pedal
  • Constant
Thats kinda wired . Dosent crash mine????? The ????

EdIT : never mind i am using the latest 6.08 ... Could be some issue with previous version
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Apratim wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:36 pm well seems like the width knob dosent like high frequency high harmonic waveform.
sent you a bug report
it produces wierde noise when its turned up
instead of delaying it seems the right channel frequency is turned up or it somehow produces aliasing on right channel

EDIT yup produces aliasing on right channel only
aliasing.PNG
Seems that i can confirm this, using the width knob over a multiosc with some detune, or the analog osc in the default state, with the filter bypassed produces weird crackling noise.

Win7, studio one 3.

Also the phaser doesn't seem to react to any knob tweaks. Or was it fixed already?
Last edited by recursive one on Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

TheWaveWarden wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:40 pm
Brother Greg wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:10 pmAU
Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:29 am AU version
Cinebient wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:45 pm Since its JUCE, what about an AU?
onerob wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:26 pm I'd test an AU version.
djanthonyw wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:50 pmI don't see the point of Mac support without an AU
Sorry I didn't know how else to tag you all in a post.

As my last post above describes there is an AU version now! :party:

Please note that I consider the AU build experimental. If too many problems arise, I might withdraw it again. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your feedback! :wink:
Well, I downloaded the AU file, put it in my applications folder, and clicked on it. Logic Pro opened, but I got a boxed message saying, "The file couldn’t be opened." If there's some way to install this synth I don't know about, please enlighten me. I'd like to be helpful. I sent a bug report on this through your website setup.

If you pardon me saying so, you don't seem to be very much at home in Mac OS or in Logic. I'd suggest you look for some Youtube basics course to get a bit familiar with the environment. ;-)

You don't put an AU (.component) file in your Applications folder. You put it in the Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components folder.

Then, when you initiate an instrument track, you'll find it in the instrument drop-down: AU Instruments/TheWaveWarden/Odin2/Stereo. :party:
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Instruments”