Signature gear where you don't like the artist

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

excuse me please wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:30 am As long as they don't promote dead artists who did not ask for the attention other artists never got...and never will...
what about dead artists who did?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:43 am
excuse me please wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:30 am As long as they don't promote dead artists who did not ask for the attention other artists never got...and never will...
or dead artists who didn't ask for the attention other artists always got and possibly always will?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

:?
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:43 am
No objections.

What about trees made into instruments that just wanted to be trees?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:04 am instruments that just wanted to be trees?
No instrument wants to be a tree.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

PS Fix the editor.

revvy wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:11 am
Aloysius wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:04 am instruments that just wanted to be trees?
No instrument wants to be a tree.
Poor chimes trees, they already are...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Aloysius wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:04 am What about trees made into instruments that just wanted to be trees?
theyre only trees, f**k em :shrug:

:lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Tremonti wah is very nice, not in love with Tremonti the man.

an-electric-heart wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:20 pm I personally think it's extremely lame for a guitarist to play another guitarists' signature guitar. There's nothing lamer than a guitarist in a metal band playing a Dimebag Washburn.

One of my favorite stories (not sure about truth) was when EVH approached Ken Parker and wanted a guitar given to him. Parker said FU buy one like everyone else. Sadly when Parker sold out to Washburn the first thing they did was create a signature line.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I own a Chapman Telecaster that looks very much like Kiesel's Johnny Hiland Signature JH6.
https://www.kieselguitars.com/catalog/guitars/jh6
https://www.thomann.de/be/chapman_guita ... triton.htm

I had never even heard of the guy. He's obviously good at what he does, but it's not my cuppa.
I got the guitar for its looks, I wouldn't pick Hiland in that dept (for one thing, cowboy hats should be illegal IMHO).

resynthesis wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:15 am Some of the Joe Bonamassa sigs are nice but his music... I don't actually mind JB himself.
Same here, I have a Dunlop Bonamassa Fuzzface pedal.
Didn't even know the guy, not my cuppa.

I'd buy Rabea's sig Chapman even though I am not really a fan of his band-work (I am a huge fan of his guitar ability though, awesomely talented player).

A-E-H would describe this as lame? lol whatever.

Hasn't Chapman Guitars gone bust?

I was quite amused by the strategy.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Return to “Guitars”