FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

Harry_HH wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:28 am
plexuss wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:42 am
pough wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:11 am I don't know who needs to hear this but BFD3 is currently featured on the KvR Marketplace at a whopping 0% discount!

https://www.kvraudio.com/marketplace/bfd-3-by-bfd-drums
Unbelievable! It's only $99 down from $99. No brainer. Thanks for the heads up.
Is it too expesive in your opinion? - I think that’s what counts. Not some printing errors.
I use BFD all the time and have been for years. I think it's excellent and I just put up with all the drama and ridiculous re-authorizing thing.

plexuss wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:30 am
Harry_HH wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:28 am
plexuss wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:42 am
pough wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:11 am I don't know who needs to hear this but BFD3 is currently featured on the KvR Marketplace at a whopping 0% discount!

https://www.kvraudio.com/marketplace/bfd-3-by-bfd-drums
Unbelievable! It's only $99 down from $99. No brainer. Thanks for the heads up.
Is it too expesive in your opinion? - I think that’s what counts. Not some printing errors.
I use BFD all the time and have been for years. I think it's excellent and I just put up with all the drama and ridiculous re-authorizing thing.
Yes, me too. BTW, any difficulties in the migration from the FXpansion to inMusic to you? Any downsides of the new owner.
For me: authorization of the third party, e.g. Platinium Samples libraries not succeeded, not yet anyway.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:02 am Maybe you should check your facts before trying to libel me. I never said I was going to start a class action, I never used another name except the same one as here and I was never banned. I think you're confusing me with meambobo or whatever his name was. As far as I know all my posts are still up there for anyone to read.

All I'm trying to do is to make sure people are informed before purchasing. If the 90 day thing doesn't bother them, then great.

Imagine buying some software that required iLok and it not being mentioned until after you bought and downloaded the software. There'd be a shitstorm.

InMusic just need to be upfront on their webpage about the system requirements. I'm not sure why you're against the idea of selling a product with honesty, unless you're some shill.
If that is indeed so, my sincere apologies to you sir.
Say NO to CLAP!

As I think I said here, if you don't have some moral or whatever objection to the 90 day issue, I've never seen hide nor hare of it, it hasn't made itself known to me in any way shape or form, so whatever it is doing it is doing it very quietly behind the scenes.

Having said that all my machines are permanently online. I believe from what I have read if you just go online for a while once if you have the ability, you also will have a seamless procedure, apart from having to put yourself online once every 90 days if you have the ability to do so.

I guess it would be problematic if you couldn't go online, but there are ways of using your mobile phone to get online, and there wouldn't be many people without a mobile. So I don't know, it screws my head thinking about how hard things must be in general without the ability to go online, I certainly wouldn't want to be in that situation.
Say NO to CLAP!

not worth it, see actual point following
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone who googles 'BFD Drums' is going to see <BFD Drums Forum> and a link to such where all of the issue plays out over time. It's been painful at times for me as well, but I want the better sounding instrument software. Compare my VSL investment, which I can either use a USB key or store it all on that cloud (and being a person living in 2023 I am online every day even if I'm unhoused), I chose the cloud so as to have it as soon as possible (I could actually not wake up tomorrow). NB: this is every day, not every 90.

The fact is one can go hide in the deep forest or vast, empty desert for three months but have to give in to civilization what, 4 times in a year, as long as they can manage to count 90 days on a rock or something, in order to use the rather amazing modern day software.

Don't quote me, but I don't believe you have to count, it will let you know so I've heard. It is and has never been of any concern to me really.
Say NO to CLAP!

Well, in setting up anew on a new machine this year, the LM had no products, BFD was entirely kaput. inMusic's support was friendly and faked trying to help but useless. I had to figure it out, finally to delete a file - I saw it the other day but don't see it now - "lock" inMusic something and it was now normal. That LM let me know it had no sign of my existence in BFD world had no use value whatsoever.
Don't take this personally but universally "I don't experience the problem you do" is the single most useless response possible when people report their issue looking for advice.

I don't know how it lets you know if you're totally not online other than it stops authorizing your libraries. It may seem obvious if you know about the 90 days phones home trip that your time out in the wilderness is up but it might not be that. This file was created I think regardless of that timetable as it was created again on this machine for sure before any 90 days, only whatever I'd done quite otherwise mititgated its effect; and it may have self-deleted since. It's not an extremely simple thing today believe me.

and frankly as far as dinging me on "counting", that is what is called a rhetorical gesture (and a bit of levity), so give over with that.

I know hearing others have no issue is almost useless, it does however show that the problem/problems being experienced are not a universal failure, and that perhaps, just perhaps, the problem lies a little closer to home.

Anyway best of luck with it, and don't take this personally, if you decide to go elsewhere best of luck with an inferior product, because BFD really is the best there is at this stage, I have/had them all, and I wouldn't be using anything but the best, why would I? :borg: I'm not one for treating Software as a religion, as soon as something comes along that I think is better, I'm gone, and speaking of which . . .

I'm out :hug:
Say NO to CLAP!

It was a slightly bumpy ride but I seem to have successfully installed BFD 3.4. It was strange that the migration process from FXpansion to InMusic gave me a password without telling me what it was. The InMusic website seems to be coded by summer interns but somehow I got though it.

The only minor issue at the moment is that the items under the Tools and Help menus within BFD3 don't do anything. (I am running StudioOne on Windows 10.) I can't recall using these menus in the past but it is a little disquieting. At least the main part of the product is working.

I really wish there were some decent tutorials everything I've seen is like from 9 years ago... I really like this Drum kit and not having AAX or Apple Silicone support in Native PT is a bit of a bummer...I am using it with BlueCats patchwork and it seems fine (rather than run rosetta)...

But I would like to map out each drum to a seperate track and its as convoluted as hell...

InMusic has a great product here if they pull their head outta their ass and listen to the community.

Do you mean, each drum to separate tracks in your daw? This is possible. Which are you using?

Here’s a video showing that in Logic, and it’s probably similar in other DAWs:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GGu_PV9YbaA

Return to “Instruments”