Studio One Version 5.0 Predictions and Requests

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

graspee wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:24 pmI want to hear other audio while using Studio One and I want to be able to sample from the stereo mix output of the pc.
Ok. Studio One will stop the audio when it loses focus so that another application can use the audio driver (unless exclusive mode is enabled, in which case it will not relinquish control of the audio driver until you quit Studio One).

Within Studio One, I think you can record the stereo mix from the PC; but to be honest, I have not tried it with Studio One, as I usually have the "Stereo Mix" audio output disabled:
graspee wrote:Another person asked in what way does it not work well there's no sound and the transport will not move.
That was me. Within Studio One, the playback with FL Studio ASIO certainly does work: I hear sound and the transport moves properly during playback.

When something is not working properly in Studio One, often you can "force a refresh" of its settings. I believe this is how to go about it:

Shut down Studio One. Zip up everything in your "C:\Users\{you}\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One ..." folder (so you can restore from it later, if need be) and then delete the following files:
C:\Users\{you}\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One ...\DataStore.db
C:\Users\{you}\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One ...\WindowsAudio.settings
C:\Users\{you}\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One ...\x64\AudioEngine.settings
C:\Users\{you}\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One ...\x64\Plugins-en.settings
C:\Users\{you}\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One ...\x64\Services.settings

When you restart Studio One, it should recreate these files with default values. You will probably need to specify your audio preferences and re-scan your plugin-ins.

If you run into any serious issues while doing this, shut down Studio One, and then restore the above ".settings" files from the ZIP backup by copying them back over to their original locations on the hard drive (overwriting any files with the same name).

If you are using your PC's native sound driver in Studio One, you can simply use the Windows Audio (WASAPI) as the audio device; I am not sure if the extra ASIO layer provided by the FL Studio ASIO driver is necessary.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”