Only 1 DAW & 1 xtra synth - what would you choose?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you could use only one DAW & only 1 3rd party VST instrument for the whole track (from start to finish), what that DAW & VST would be? Only the DAW’s own effects & instruments. No other 3rd party plugins except the one you selected...

Naturally you could use the DAW’s own instruments also with the one 3rd part VST you chose.

FLStudio and Synth1 - that covers a lot of what I use already
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Depends if this is a question just for the pure interest of the idea, or, if the question is born from necessity.

If it's the first, you'd get a lot of mileage out of a DAW of your choice, and buying NI Komplete. If it's the latter, you can use Cakewalk by Bandlab, get Synth1, and get a lot of mileage out of that.

It's really a question of the budget.

Studio One Pro and Synthmaster 2.

Reason 11 Suite. Nothing else needed :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

why would you limit yourself to only one synth? it's like you only make music with minimoog: you only can do specific type of sounds. however there are some synths with wide sound spectrum, like zebra or synthmaster or ...
so my vote goes for zebra.

DUB Turbo ftw

dune_rave wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:38 pm why would you limit yourself to only one synth? it's like you only make music with minimoog: you only can do specific type of sounds. however there are some synths with wide sound spectrum, like zebra or synthmaster or ...
Yes, I wouldn't limit myself to one synth as well. Especially when you consider most soft synths narrow sweet spot, and one trick pony abilities...

Cakewalk by Bandlab (because i find that it works well, has some awesome features, and it's free) + Maschine by Native Instruments (here you would take the money you save from not having to pay for a DAW & combine it with the money you would spend on the synth) because Maschine not only comes with a hardware controller, but it also comes with the synths Massive & Monark + tons of other stuff).
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

nvmd
Last edited by chk071 on Fri May 01, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Without a doubt Logic Pro X and P900.

chk071 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:32 pm Depends if this is a question just for the pure interest of the idea, or, if the question is born from necessity.
Just pure interest :D
And out of curiosity how many will complain “only one?!” even though it’s just hypothetical question (well for some people just one might be more than enough).

I will be in the "only one?" camp then though. ;)

orion platinum
reaktor.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”