The Most Overrated and Underrated VST/AU (Effects And Instruments)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are some freebies that I think are underrated like uhe tyrell and tal noisemaker. Or even bazille cm.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:35 pm There are some freebies that I think are underrated like uhe tyrell and tal noisemaker. Or even bazille cm.
I'd throw Thorn CM in there as well. I liked it far more than I thought I would.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:35 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:35 pm There are some freebies that I think are underrated like uhe tyrell and tal noisemaker. Or even bazille cm.
I'd throw Thorn CM in there as well. I liked it far more than I thought I would.
100%, it feels like a commercial synth
aliasing plugin owner
:?

most underrated: Microsoft Word
most overrated: Steinberg Model E

databroth wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:46 pm most under rated is Massive X, people have jumped on the hate train for this one, the delayed release put people off understandably, and they really made a new synth more than adding features to Massive as the name would imply. I know people dislike the UI, but it's really not THAT bad, and some aspects of it are actually really nice for certain techniques. The thing is, it sounds incredible, people who say it sounds bad don't really know what they are talking about imo. You can say it's ugly, and I disagree, but we all have different tastes. But Saying massive X sounds bad nearly implies that no synths have ever sounded good. I don't think it's the best synth, it's not perfect, but it can do some incredible stuff and is completely under rated in my opinion.
+1

Yup

Return to “Instruments”