Europa replacement suggestions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

currently looking for a soft synth that can replace Europa, any recommendations welcome as long as it’s MAC compatible, something that has a welcoming and intuitive interface like Europa, it doesn’t have to be an all in one like Falcon or specifically a WT synth, just something with versatility and deep sound design capabilities.

i’ve looked at rapid, serum, massive, Dune 3, arcsyn, strobe2, cypher2, Zebra 2, Hive 2, various Tone2 synths, synthmaster, pigments.

Why do you want to replace it? It runs fine in Reason rack on Mac as far as I know...

Doesn't have to run in Reason Rack either - you can download the plugin version too.

I guess any of those listed above would work - have you dismissed all of them and still looking for something else?

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:34 pm Why do you want to replace it? It runs fine in Reason rack on Mac as far as I know...
i’m considering moving from reason to bitwig depending on how future updates look, and i’m not really interested in using the rack either.

Forgotten wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:36 pm Doesn't have to run in Reason Rack either - you can download the plugin version too.

I guess any of those listed above would work - have you dismissed all of them and still looking for something else?
haven’t they abandoned the development for the plugin?

i’ve demoed nearly all of them and they all are special in their own intricate ways i just don’t want potentially miss out on one i could be over looking, it’s mostly running down to Dune 3, Serum and Rapid, if you recommend one over the other please do say as i might continue demoing it.

As Forgotten mentioned there is a plugin version that should be in your account that works as a vst in other DAWs. It even uses the same presets as the Reason version. It's rather low CPU. IMO it's very nice. It's also much more versatile than I first assumed.

I use it to load my own wavetables and get some really messed up sounds.

Easy! It's Thorn! It even has the same harmonic filter.

Forgotten wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:11 pm I use it to load my own wavetables and get some really messed up sounds.
omac wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:50 pm As Forgotten mentioned there is a plugin version that should be in your account that works as a vst in other DAWs. It even uses the same presets as the Reason version. It's rather low CPU. IMO it's very nice. It's also much more versatile than I first assumed.
but haven’t they abandoned further development for it? if so it would be like a game of roulette when updating my OS to see if it was still reliable.

EnGee wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:19 pm Easy! It's Thorn! It even has the same harmonic filter.
thank you! thorn does look very appealing, i will definitely have to demo it.

I don't see many companies that maintain development over long spans of time any longer. Also, generally you have to pay not inconsiderable sums for future upgrades. I don't think there is really much of a difference between upgrading and buying something else in the future if you buy in at a very low cost. I don't mean to say that all companies are this way, just most. I've got a few full programs and plugins that I've been growing up with that make me feel like I've received a Christmas present when they are updated.

sidesword wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:29 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:11 pm I use it to load my own wavetables and get some really messed up sounds.
omac wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:50 pm As Forgotten mentioned there is a plugin version that should be in your account that works as a vst in other DAWs. It even uses the same presets as the Reason version. It's rather low CPU. IMO it's very nice. It's also much more versatile than I first assumed.
but haven’t they abandoned further development for it? if so it would be like a game of roulette when updating my OS to see if it was still reliable.
I don't remember them saying that. Maybe you should check the site and see if they did or not? I don't remember seeing that though.

sidesword wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:18 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:34 pm Why do you want to replace it? It runs fine in Reason rack on Mac as far as I know...
i’m considering moving from reason to bitwig depending on how future updates look, and i’m not really interested in using the rack either.
If you move to Bitwig your search is over, the stock synths and especially the Grid will cover all needs...; - )

Forgotten wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:02 pm
sidesword wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:29 pm
I don't remember them saying that. Maybe you should check the site and see if they did or not? I don't remember seeing that though.
I’m sure they did, i’m probably wrong, damn maybe my search ended before it even began!

sidesword wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:18 pm
But Europa exists as a regular VST instrument. You don't even need to use the Rack. :shrug:

EDIT: I just read this was written before. Anyway, I don't see a reason to abandon it.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”