Expensive Notes - SY-1000 (Guitar Synth) and Volca Drum Ambient Jam

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using the Replicant patch from the Boss Sy-1000 guitar synthesizer (my new toy). You will probably appreciate this is a patch honouring the music from 'Blade Runner'. This patch just sounds so good... I had to play with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsQliCOJVUo
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

thats pretty fat!
tempted by that pedal for a while, but its a little pricey (isnt everything we love :lol: ) and other things keep popping up...

look forward to many more pieces with this, i imagine theres a lot of inspiration, just scrolling through the presets 8)

have fun :D

love the almost close encounters moments :D

Lovely sounds here John. That should keep you busy for a while. I see that the SY-1000 has an on-board GR-300 emulation, so you should be able to reproduce those King Crimson and Steve Hackett sounds from the early '80s. Prog on.

Good work :)

vurt wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:16 pm thats pretty fat!
tempted by that pedal for a while, but its a little pricey (isnt everything we love :lol: ) and other things keep popping up...

look forward to many more pieces with this, i imagine theres a lot of inspiration, just scrolling through the presets 8)

have fun :D

love the almost close encounters moments :D
Thanks vurt. It is pretty expensive but it means I can use just it by itself to make lots of sounds. So setting up is straight forward. I could pay for it by selling a lot of gear I don't need anymore. :)
Bandcamp

Cool! Nice and mellow synth sound played with guitar.. slow and strong ambiance

Thank you sir, that was very nice :)

Allomerusaurus,
Thank you for the review! This is the latest thread of yours that I came across that I already hadn't commented on. At first I couldn't tell you were triggering a synth sound with your guitar. It does have a Vangelis Yamaha CS-80 sound, which is pretty cool!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

great. if you're playing a chord and the notes are too close together, its gets a little muddy.
but, you got a nice sound out of it.

very 2001 spacey. always love a good filter sweep and that one is FAT.
just add a little arp in sync with the drum to carry it along, perhaps
panning left and right and coming in and out for a little extra dimension?
looks like alot of fun. :hyper:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

seismic1 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:06 am Lovely sounds here John. That should keep you busy for a while. I see that the SY-1000 has an on-board GR-300 emulation, so you should be able to reproduce those King Crimson and Steve Hackett sounds from the early '80s. Prog on.

Good work :)
Thanks Tim. It does have some great sounds. I actually have a real GR-300 but it has always been hard to play to my satisfaction so it's great to have this new synth with so many sounds. :)
Bandcamp

markkuja wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:05 pm Cool! Nice and mellow synth sound played with guitar.. slow and strong ambiance
Thanks Markku! Appreciate your comment even though I didn't respond earlier! :?
Bandcamp

excuse me please wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:47 pm Thank you sir, that was very nice :)
Thank you "excuse me please"! To the point. :)
Bandcamp

Bansaw wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:32 am great. if you're playing a chord and the notes are too close together, its gets a little muddy.
but, you got a nice sound out of it.
Thanks bansaw. I had noticed what you mention about the closeness of notes and tried to avoid that, but it was a jam... Some snuck through unfortunately. I do like the sound though! :)
Bandcamp

Very cool space odyssey vibe going on there, I like it :tu:

hope you dont mind
ive told someone youd answer questions on the sy1000 :hihi:

viewtopic.php?p=7872347#p7872347

Return to “Music Cafe”