Movie Music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hola Musicfriends,

I write a new song!

Mysterious Times

Very nice - what your using for this great track. it reminds me on the film from roman polanski´s "Tanz der Vampire". The chor (of a woman?) in the background - genius!
Propellerhead Reason 12 and FL Studio 20

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

I liked this a lot!
Creates a nice mood.

Some constructive critique:

1. The violins sound fake, I know we all use virtual instruments, but I can hear you already do some control of the dynamics.
Perhaps increasing these dynamics to enhance emotional impact might help on the realism. Also, I miss some bow change on the strings and fade-out of the string patches, ie. when the violin gets near the end, it should fade out the sound.

2. Composition wise, I'd prefer more variation. Right now, it's almost the same all the way through. Creating a secondary theme, and also re-arranging it + re-orchestrating it, with some fast, slow and medium passages might help. At least, that's what I expect from film music.

Hello everybody,

Thanks for listen my track!!

when the violin gets near the end, it should fade out the sound.
Yes thats right ,thanks for that!

Greetings André

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:26 am I liked this a lot!
Creates a nice mood.
Just to clarify I listened to your track as ambient music.
I Know it does not have the sound of a typical ambient music but it is I who listened and enjoyed it.

I agree about the fake sounds. These are REALLY bad. Almost unlistenable. Musically, it's not bad. But the sounds. Ugh.

Had to turn it off mid way.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:38 pm I agree about the fake sounds. These are REALLY bad. Almost unlistenable. Musically, it's not bad. But the sounds. Ugh.

Had to turn it off mid way.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:31 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:26 am I liked this a lot!
Creates a nice mood.
Just to clarify I listened to your track as ambient music.
I Know it does not have the sound of a typical ambient music but it is I who listened and enjoyed it.
Gotta say if this was played by a real orchestra (and you conducting) I can only imagine how much better it would sound.

I just came over from playing Anno 1800, and this would have been good background music for it. The "fake" sounds didn't bother me in the slightest, the track gets its mood across and evokes a slightly tense, moody atmosphere. As a side note, I think it's hilarious that the supreme purveyor of fake, overly constructed and robotic music in this forum has the gall to put down your track, which is more musical than anything he's ever posted. Don't let yourself be bothered by it.

I have to admit to skipping ahead here and there, as there wasn't enough going on to grab my attention, but, as I said, as background music: well done!

ariston wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:24 am I just came over from playing Anno 1800, and this would have been good background music for it. The "fake" sounds didn't bother me in the slightest, the track gets its mood across and evokes a slightly tense, moody atmosphere. As a side note, I think it's hilarious that the supreme purveyor of fake, overly constructed and robotic music in this forum has the gall to put down your track, which is more musical than anything he's ever posted. Don't let yourself be bothered by it.

I have to admit to skipping ahead here and there, as there wasn't enough going on to grab my attention, but, as I said, as background music: well done!
Hello Ariston,

Thank you and nice words :tu:

Greetings André.

Return to “Music Cafe”