Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

Yup- more filler, more stuff to sell...no updates.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Slowly wondering what takes them so long as well. I can only imagine that Corona has to do with it. No other explanation for such a long period of nothing-ness, especially when there's really a couple of major construction areas.

I'm usually pretty patient. Rather surprised than really pissed off or anything. Need a sign of life. :)

Another explanation would be a major overhaul of their whole plugin framework, which I could imagine too, now that they seem to be keen on doing VST3 versions of their plugins as well (see Super 8 ).

33$ (when using the last iZotope/NI voucher code) for 450 presets...
Well, I bought other stuff a bit more expensive (and was not really satisfied).
All in all: give devs some money to survive this current mess.

martinjuenke wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:32 pm 33$ (when using the last iZotope/NI voucher code) for 450 presets...
While I am also disappointed with the lack of NI software updates, I agree. I have observed that they released the Massive X Expansions last time too when a free $25 e-voucher was available, thereby making it a very good deal. If you just like one of them, 150 presets for $4 is a no-brainer.

I will check the audio demos. I have certain kind of presets/sounds in mind that I would love Massive X Expansions to bring, let's see if there is one in these.

I tried running the Massive X demo on my test system today but it crashed every DAW I have. This system has run every plugin I've ever thrown at it just fine. MX would load but crashed when trying to make a preset and it came with no demo presets so no way to judge the sound at all. I think it has something to do with the redistributable it installed.

Ok I figure maybe the demo needs to be installed from within Native Access but I don't see a way to demo anything in Access it only shows the products I already own.

Oh well uninstall and move on...... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

martinjuenke wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:32 pm 33$ (when using the last iZotope/NI voucher code) for 450 presets...
Survive? If they weren't going to survive they'd be gone by now. I bought the last expansion bundle because I thought it had some very nice sounds but for me personally this one has nothing. $33 I could spend elsewhere. Most of us working stiffs can't be giving donations to multi-national corps.

It's a mid tier company, not a "multi-national corporation" by any stretch.

But, yeah, I won't buy a product I don't need just to "support" someone. It's not a charity. I buy the products if they're high quality, and give me something I need or want.

chk071 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:03 pm It's a mid tier company, not a "multi-national corporation" by any stretch.

But, yeah, I won't buy a product I don't need just to "support" someone. It's not a charity. I buy the products if they're high quality, and give me something I need or want.
The company has offices all over the world and does sales in many countries. Maybe "multi-national" is the wrong term to use but the company is large enough to have offices in, and do business in, many places other than Germany.

Yes. They're still a mid tier company though. We have about 3 or 4 of those in my 10.000 citizen one-horse town.

No company in the audio software industry is remotely close to being "big". That's a wrong assumption I often read here or elsewhere. People think that companies like NI or Steinberg would be like Google or Amazon. No way.

Not saying that you said or think that. Just something I often read.

chk071 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:07 pm Slowly wondering what takes them so long as well. I can only imagine that Corona has to do with it. No other explanation for such a long period of nothing-ness, especially when there's really a couple of major construction areas.

I'm usually pretty patient. Rather surprised than really pissed off or anything. Need a sign of life. :)
Well...you have to give the bean counters a break...

The're getting paid the big bucks to fire the essential workers and "streamline" the company with their eyes firmly on the bottom line...

The're great with a calculator,but unfortunately their DSP coding skills are not quite up to the task :wink:
Last edited by digitalboytn on Wed May 26, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:36 pm The're great with a calculator,but unfortunately their DSP coding skills are just not quite up to the task :wink:
You never tried Massive X, did you? :ud:

I don't think it's about small or big company. It's about dedicated developers being involved and the company policy or interest in investing such development in this or that product (priority by the managers). Massive X maybe is not worth it as much as other software. Just a guess of course ;)

Teksonik wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:58 pm and it came with no demo presets so no way to judge the sound at all
The factory patch library for MX is a separate install that shows in NA as "Massive X Factory". Unsure if the same is the case for the demo, though.

chk071 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:39 pm
digitalboytn wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:36 pm The're great with a calculator,but unfortunately their DSP coding skills are just not quite up to the task :wink:
You never tried Massive X, did you? :ud:
I checked it out when it was first released, but I haven't tried it since the updates and the retrenchments...

I have a certain ambivalence towards NI these days...

Thankfully,there are plenty of other creative peeps out there these days who are coding first class soft synths and effects..

Less corporate and more inspiring...

Less = More :wink:
No auto tune...

chk071 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:14 pm Yes. They're still a mid tier company though. We have about 3 or 4 of those in my 10.000 citizen one-horse town.

No company in the audio software industry is remotely close to being "big". That's a wrong assumption I often read here or elsewhere. People think that companies like NI or Steinberg would be like Google or Amazon. No way.

Not saying that you said or think that. Just something I often read.
Google has over 100k employees. I dont think all of the music tech companies have that many employees *combined* ;)

the point was that NI has enough people to operate around the world even without being a megacorp and the idea they are in survival mode seems a bit silly. Their business problems are due to poor management, not COVID.

To the statement made they don’t have good coders. C’mon. That clearly isn’t true. They also have great talent in the other areas, some very good instruments there as well as sound banks. The hardware isn’t something to sneeze at either.

Return to “Instruments”