Obsession Vs OB-Xa V Poll

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Pick Two - One From Option 1 And One From Option 2

Option 1 Choice 1 - Arturia's release of OB-Xa did affect my decision of which synth to buy.
15%
Option 1 Choice 2 - Arturia's release of OB-Xa did not affect my decision of which synth to buy.
18%
Option 2 Choice 1 - My choice will be the synth that sounds the best.
24%
Option 2 Choice 2 - My choice will be the synth that is the cheapest.
5%
Option 2 Choice 3 - My choice will be Arturia regardless of any criteria.
8%
Option 2 Choice 4 - My choice will be Obsession regardless of any criteria.
6%
Option 2 Choice 4 - My choice will be Arturia and Obsession regardless of any criteria.
10%
Option 2 Choice 5 - I have no interest in this synth and will not buy either one.
14%

Total votes: 104

RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:03 am Ok, it's also beyond me why you can't buy a synth because you dislike a developer.
Depends on the reason or reasons you dislike a developer doesn't it?

I know of many reasons why not to support developers with bad business and customer practices.

I stay far away from the controlling companies that don't listen to their customers' feedback, and have a roadmap that has only the company's longevity and financial gain in mind, while cutting corners on their user base.
When people move the goal posts to make a point, there is no longer an original point to be made.

This thread is peak KVR

I bought OB-Xa V, but it has no effect on my decision to also buy Obsession. I was on the fence to upgrade V (I wanted Synthi V and Mellowtron V) and the, what I consider to sound excellent, OB-Xa emulation pushed me over the edge. $149 for 4 very good plugins is a deal.

I will buy Obsession because I know it will probably do a more faithful emulation and come with some goodies that are different than OB-Xa V. Also, I like Richard as a developer and I’m lucky enough to be able to support him, even if it means getting a plugin that’s got a bit of overlap. My wife and I both work in software development, and I know how hard that business is. I also selfishly want there to be a Dune 4 (eventually) and another emulation of whatever other vintage hardware synth he decides to tackle in the future. So, a purchase like that is also a bit of what I think of as “fertilizer,” for a future harvest.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”