faIRmageddon bug in stereo mode

Official support for: forward-audio.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been getting this occur in multiple DAWs and wonder if someone could replicate.

If I change to use the stereo 'process mode' (button below the X/Y pad) and then pan one of the IRs fully to the left or right and then solo that IR (or use the X/Y pad to be 100% on that one IR) I get this cracking sound that I only ever hear when my audio interface is being connected.

In some cases, I have to use an audio reset in my DAW in order to get sound again.

It almost seems like when you only have audio coming out of 1 channel in the plugin (left or right) it is causing some sort of reset (as if the plugin is becoming a mono plugin rather than stereo). Why I think this is because if I pan to '99' instead of fully '100' then the issue doesn't occur.

Sounds weird I know, but it's happening on all the plugin hosts I try.

R13 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:57 pm I've been getting this occur in multiple DAWs and wonder if someone could replicate.

If I change to use the stereo 'process mode' (button below the X/Y pad) and then pan one of the IRs fully to the left or right and then solo that IR (or use the X/Y pad to be 100% on that one IR) I get this cracking sound that I only ever hear when my audio interface is being connected.

In some cases, I have to use an audio reset in my DAW in order to get sound again.

It almost seems like when you only have audio coming out of 1 channel in the plugin (left or right) it is causing some sort of reset (as if the plugin is becoming a mono plugin rather than stereo). Why I think this is because if I pan to '99' instead of fully '100' then the issue doesn't occur.

Sounds weird I know, but it's happening on all the plugin hosts I try.
Hi R13, thanks for getting in touch! We'll have a look into this. Coincidentally it could be a symptom of a bug we are currently investigating. Thanks for the valuable information!
“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
― Arthur C. Clarke
https://www.forward-audio.com

Thanks! At least I know what causes the issue for me and can avoid those settings until you figure it out.

Return to “forward audio”