NI Electric Sunburst Deluxe Question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have Electric Sunburst and am unhappy with it because it can only be played via patterns. I see that Electric Sunburst Deluxe is claimed to be playable. The videos I've seen mention that it is a fully playable melody instrument, but they all seem to be selecting a pattern or it seems to be something like it. I would like to just put the instrument on a DAW channel and just play the midi notes in the channel without pulling up the Kontakt gui at all. Is that possible, or is there something that is required in the gui that has something to do with the included patterns?

Fully playable means you can trigger the chords and patterns from your keyboard. Personally, from what ive seen, ES2 doesn't warrant an upgrade from 1. It's just a few more patterns really, same sound, which isn't really that impressive when you compare it to the real thing.

Yes, you can play Electric Sunburst Deluxe as a normal melodic instrument, just as you would play notes and solos on an Orange Tree Samples library for example.

The reason why it looks like it's patterns is because there is the option to play notes & then with a keyswitch to switch back to a pattern mode, which means you can alternate playing a pattern and then add your own notes playing on your MIDI keyboard, but if you want, you can just play your own notes as in any melodic instrument, and not bother with patterns, which is what I do most of the time.

You get 2 nki, a Pattern one, and a Melody one (which has the option to add patterns if you want)

This is the main change from the original version
That change was introduced in "Session Guitarist - Picked Acoustic", where you could finally play it like any instrument, unlike previous Sesions Guitarist 1 & 2 and original Sunburst where you had only patterns, which was frustrating when you wanted to play your own stuff.

So yeah in "Session Guitarist Picked" & "Sunburst Deluxe" you can play whatever melody you want with your MIDI keyboard like in any piano or guitar library, and you can also play patterns & alternate between both if you want.
In Melody mode, you have keyswitches to play mutes, flageolets (harmonics), tremolos, you also got a keyswitch to add slides.

Both Picked Acoustic & Sunburst Deluxe are great :tu:

Thank you both very much for replying. So now Sunburst can be used as expected! Of course, with the AmpleSound guitar special thing going on I now have to decide between upgrading my Electric Sunburst for $49 or purchasing the AmpleSound AGLP for $99 on this special they have running. Going by price- Sunburst, but I am in love with AmpleSound III guitars. I purchased a Telecaster on here a few months ago and experienced a feeling of awe.

I'm posting this quite late. I never properly thanked MattMusic for his help. I upgraded my Electric Sunburst to Deluxe and love it. A bit later I also bought an Ample Sound LP III second-hand. I'm very happy with both. I'm trying to learn to make stock music and the Sunburst Deluxe fits in extremely well. I'm sorry for the incredible lateness. I just wanted to convey my belated happy feelings for the purchase you recommended.

You're welcome my friend, plus you already thanked us back in May:)

I agree Sunburst Deluxe is awesome, it might not have as many articulations as an AmpleSound but the tone is incredible, the Replika FX as a delay & diffusion reverb is really great.
Sunburst Deluxe has become one of my go-to electric guitar.

Thanks to you as well, I remember your post had reminded me of the AmpleSound sale & the 10% off on top of that when you already got some of their stuff.
I had grabbed the AGSC which sounds amazing, had hesitated between several electrics and went for the clean tone, it has awesome presets.

So we gave good advices to each other my friend :tu:

Return to “Instruments”