FBM Fury 800

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fury-800

Good catch... fixed in new version 2.0.1.

https://www.fullbucket.de/music/fury800.html

Cheers, Björn

Edit: added URL

Björn, any thoughts on those suggested modifications as features? :)

MPE? Yes, yes, yes (now feedback with 100%...; - )

Google Chrome don't let me enter the FBM website... :( :?

Before the but, let me thank you for this deliciously crappy synth. :D
But... I have to wonder if it's a bug or a feature from the original, voice stealing from held notes? Choose a pad preset (long release), hold a bass note, noodle a bit (one finger) in the upper octaves and the bass disappears? But, I had my finger on it. :? I would expect stealing from unheld notes, switching to 64 voices 'fixes' it, so not a real problem.
Still waiting for the FurySix... :hihi:

Turello wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:00 pm Google Chrome don't let me enter the FBM website... :( :?
Are you getting a specific error? If not, you might want to clear your cache and disable any browser extensions. I’ve used Chrome exclusively to access Björn's site for years now, and have never had a problem accessing the site (or donating to him for his cool synths!).

If you’re getting an error about the site note being “secure”, that’s nonsense. It’s just Chrome trying to scare people who visit legitimate sites that don’t have SSL encryption. (Apparently, Google thinks all sites should use SSL encryption, even if you’re not entering any data or buying anything from the site. That, of course, is nonsense.)

Of course, if you’re on a PC, you still have Edge; on a Mac, you still have Safari.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

functionform wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:25 pm Another winner. Hopefully goes to OSC.

edit: I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SYNTH.
it is indeed one of Bjorn's finest works.
i was considering picking up a HW poly800 at
one time but decided on the Roland Juno2
so now i'm enjoying what i missed passing it up!
one quib though, is it just me or does anyone else
find the GUI a bit washed out and lacking contrast?
its kind of hard to read lables and such on my screen. :?:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

The original looked the same, its a washed out style...

It looks like the %ages might be a little off. 200% looks normal and crisp, about 1500px wide, 100% looks reduced at 1050px wide and 50% is about 520px.

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:00 am The original looked the same, its a washed out style...
well yeah, but i know what it is....its very subtle
the fury on the left, poly on right.
the turqoise is too dark, making the text in grey not
stand out enough, all the white text is not light enough
and the red numbers are too dark, need to be more pinkish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The turqoise of your hardware is because it was sitting to long in sun light. The color of Fury is exactly as I recall from the one I had in the eighties...

well that doesnt make sense because the background grey stayed the same and
only the turq, white and red lightened up in the sun.
it appears to me that the turq should all be the same shade as the buttons.
no biggie.

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:38 am …The color of Fury is exactly as I recall from the one I had in the eighties...
Which says exactly nothing, since there's no way you can recall a colour tone "exactly" after some thirty years. :hihi:
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

layzer wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:39 amis it just me or does anyone else
Yes, agreed. Contrast should be improved, especially the font color. It gets really bad especially at the top of the GUI.

I think slavishly following the color scheme of the original at the detriment of usability is NOT a good decision.

Here are three places where contrast is pretty bad, and anyone with impaired vision would have a lot of problems:

https://imgur.com/a/roHVvk6

A good test is to put the whole UI in grayscale mode and see how readable the text is. Or, upload the full GUI image to some image server, paste that link here in order to test its usability with various types of colorblindness.

Another thing that is wildly confusing is the red value range numbers on every slider... I think this is completely unnecessary and would appreciate an option to turn it off. What would make a lot more sense is actually showing the current value so that you can at a glance check them out for the whole patch. Currently you only see the slider when you hover above it, which is just bad UX. Somebody unfamiliar with Poly800 would look at orange numbers and think that's parameter values - they're not. Again - slavishly copying the (pretty horrible) design of the original isn't doing this great plugin service. It would be great to have a GUI mode which eschews these relics of the past and just gives you sliders instead.

Oh, unrelated - but would be nice to have a 150% zoom level, too. 200% is a bit too large, 100% is a bit too small.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:25 am
layzer wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:39 amis it just me or does anyone else
Yes, agreed. Contrast should be improved, especially the font color. It gets really bad especially at the top of the GUI.

Another thing that is wildly confusing is the red value range numbers on every slider... I think this is completely unnecessary and would appreciate an option to turn it off. What would make a lot more sense is actually showing the current value so that you can at a glance check them out for the whole patch.
yeah, i was thinking the exact same
about having the current values of the parameters
show at all times instead of the static high value...
and yeah, a bad original
color scheme on a hw synth should not be cloned
if it can be made better on the emu.

Return to “Instruments”