One Synth Challenge #136: Odin 2 by The Wave Warden (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

photonic wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:30 pmBTW: For those who wants to hear, how my third movement "Memory of the Fallen" would sound with a real orchestra! I did this again with the FREE orchestral library from Spitfire Audio, BBCSO Discover. I added some brass and woodwinds to it to complete a whole orchestra.

https://soundcloud.com/photonic-1/memory-of-the-fallen
Interesting, I'm actually finding it hard to choose between the two! Certainly the BBCSO version has a more natural ambience, a bit more space in the sound, and the added touches of colour with the woodwind are nice. But on the other hand, the Odin2 version has a better legato and, if anything, a little more warmth. You did a great job to make the synth sound so organic and expressive!

ahanysz wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:29 am... But on the other hand, the Odin2 version has a better legato and, if anything, a little more warmth...
Thank you very much!

I feel the same. I would need one of the more expensive libraries with legato samples to reach the effect I got with Odin. Also the attack of the strings is to hard for this track. But hey ... Discover is free!
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Return to “Instruments”