Marian Seraph AD2 Pcie Audio Interface

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I did option 2 in 4.4 as for option 1 there is no option to choose daw in my router window.

Got to go now, Gonna give this one more go later. If I don't get it working it's going back. I will get dinged close to 200$ on shipping and taxes, but it's just too much trouble. Shame as it's great sounding, very clear and detailed and great latency performance.

Just an update I tried everything, but the virtual cable, which might work, but this device is just giving me too much trouble.

I managed to assign device 3-4 input to analog 1 and analog 2, but there doesn't seem to be anyway to assign any device other than 1-2 to output 3-4. I think this device is flawed which is why everyone I've met online who has had one got rid of it.

Success. I got the directions backwards and was assigning to the new devices when I was supposed to assign to the main device.

Still gonna send it back, though, lol

tomjackson wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:13 am I think this device is flawed which is why everyone I've met online who has had one got rid of it.
No, you only hear online from people having issues. The happy customers keep silent.
tomjackson wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:39 am Still gonna send it back, though, lol
Now you figured out how it works... why?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Good point.
I want an amp now, gonna go analog. It's a great card though sounds fabulous and has real good latency performance.

I ended up keeping it, which was a mistake, lol. I got my initial problem fixed but it added a new one. Now I'm getting a guitar sound even when a amp sim isn't on, and this sound conflicts with the amp sim guitar. This doesn't happen if I use channels 1-2 [ If I don't select channels 1-2 as master to be able to use 3-4] but then I can't use windows driver for any audio apps

fixed it by messing around with the mute buttons, lol. Took about 2 minutes, but I don't what those buttons are actually for. I never should have bought this thing

Not fixed entirely while it got rid of the extra guitar, I now only got the audio in one ear

tomjackson wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:13 am I managed to assign device 3-4 input to analog 1 and analog 2, but there doesn't seem to be anyway to assign any device other than 1-2 to output 3-4. I think this device is flawed which is why everyone I've met online who has had one got rid of it.
channels 1-2 are the analogue input/outputs and 3-4 is the AES input/output channels by default.

You can route audio in the routing page if you want to change that. It's less confusing if you remove all the channels you don't use from the DSP mixer, so you don't end up trying to make sense of 32 inputs/32 outputs on the screen at once.

Like I said on GS. You need to make sure all your bit rates and sample rates match. You can't mix ASIO 24/96 with WDM 16/48 for eg. The ASIO drivers take priority and lock out all other sound devices. Using WASAPI instead of ASIO will allow you to mix and match other software audio together but will have added latency. You'll probably find a lot of pro audio PCIe cards act this way as all the ones I've owned have done this, the USB ASIO interfaces I've owned haven't however.

I sold my AD2 because I needed more channels and went with a large USB mixer.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”