Hyakken (HY Plugins) releases HY-POLY

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HY-POLY Motoko The Computer Music Soundbank

EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I think it sounds great!

The audio and midi effects sections are so well organized and user friendly. The chain effects workflow reminds me of Ableton which is great for me using logic. The arp is top notch as well. So much potential for creativity in this one.

Great job Tadashi :)

Sounds very good. The price is no-brainer!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

It sounds good, looks great. You love to see it.
Take care :wink:

its a no go for WINXP. it looks nice, i'll have to hear some demos before i deem its
great enough to make me move on from my beloved XP os. :hihi:
Last edited by layzer on Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

You still use XP? It has had no security updates for about 6 years.

Examigan wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:34 pm You still use XP? It has had no security updates for about 6 years.
yeah, i got no worries as it doesnt see any internet action.
and i reload the entire 400mb daw HD image in 5 minutes every few months to
keep it fresh and clean. :wink:

Why? XP is bloody awful. I used to love it and mostly skipped Vista and W7 but once we got to Win8, I could never imagine using XP again. It must be like living in the Dark Ages?

Anyway, what a frickin' find Hy-Poly is! The first batch of patches, the Audilepsy ones (great name!), are amazing. Yes, it definitely has a very crisp, clear, "digital" character but it's filter is really nice and the Ableton/Bitwig style mod/effects section is super-intuitive for most of us (I imagine). I also like the way they have "borrowed" Aruturia's Pigments idea to show all the mod sources and what they are doing. Mod assignment really couldn't be any easier. Very nice!

Better still, there is a fully functioning free version that has most of the sound engine but is missing a lot of the effects. Still, it sounds every bit as good and is incredible for a freebie. I've been spending a little too loosely on VSTs lately but this thing is a no-brainer.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Hyakken (Tadashi) gets better and better with every release. Now his Polysynth gets all the wisdom and vision of steady engineering. Polys reverb is shocking :phones:. It´s a bit wiggy now. You understand bit wiggy :hihi: ? Cool stuff.
The average bored guy

BONES wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:37 am Why? XP is bloody awful.
XP SP3 is bloody fast and rock stable on my 3ghz core2 duo HP Elitebook.
and thats most important for a DAW platform IMO.
it runs EXT2 flawlessly and i can make every sound imaginable
with the plugins i use on it. its not like the dark ages at all...
i compare it to everybody switching to whiz bang computer controlled
electric can openers that always malfunction, i like to stick
with the reliable old manual hand can opener. :idea:

https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-poly/

Vids at the bottom.. I think we have a winner.

layzer wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:19 amXP SP3 is bloody fast and rock stable on my 3ghz core2 duo HP Elitebook.
And WIn10 isn't? It uses around half the resources XP needs for a start.
and thats most important for a DAW platform IMO.
i can make every sound imaginable
with the plugins i use on it. its not like the dark ages at all...
Except there are plugins, like this one, that you can't run. So you have to make compromises for no benefit, which is kind of what I was getting at.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

First impression is very good. Nice workflow and sound. Price is a no brainer.

Reaper 4.78 crash, Reaper 6.08 ok

The free version is nice already, but pitch bend does not seem to work. The pitch wheel is moving, but no bend...

Return to “Instruments”