Hyakken (HY Plugins) releases HY-POLY

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HY-POLY Motoko The Computer Music Soundbank

It seems Poly development has stopped. Hasn't it?

anli wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:51 pm It seems Poly development has stopped. Hasn't it?
Not all companies release ongoing updates. Some release their product once it's solid enough and move on. They either move on completely or they dont release anything until there is a major release. This isn't Amazon.

Why do you think that forum users have any insight into what a dev is doing?? Why not just ask the dev?

Bizarre...
Last edited by plexuss on Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I agree…just ask the dev.

I would also add, to my understanding the dev is a very small operation, who just released Slicer 2 (a product evolution!), so time/energy has likely been focussed on that recently. Perhaps if you write to Tadashi he’ll give some insight on if he has any updates in mind for Poly.

greenmind72 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:16 pm I agree…just ask the dev.

I would also add, to my understanding the dev is a very small operation, who just released Slicer 2 (a product evolution!), so time/energy has likely been focussed on that recently. Perhaps if you write to Tadashi he’ll give some insight on if he has any updates in mind for Poly.
When I reached out to him a few years ago, he said that he was going to add an additive oscillator. I would love to see a mode where you can use sync, fm, and ring mod all at once.

Return to “Instruments”