Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:33 am
AnX wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:25 pm it is not permitted to mention anything regarding betas, but im sure it won't stop him....he's only been back a day and already blabbing on a public forum :roll:

seems he has trouble understanding what a private beta means
Richard was on here weeks ago mentioning he was working on an update. Not sure there's actually been any new information disclosed. And if Richard has a problem with Ingo, I'm sure Richard can address it with Ingo. Both parties are adults.
Only those two guys could make a stink about a post that basically says nothing ;) Hey there is an update coming with some new features. Yeah he just killed everything.

Welcome back Ingo.

rezoneight wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:13 am Welcome back Ingo.
Thanks. :hug:
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

can we just please stay on topic?

e-crooner wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:09 pm I am curios what they will add without changing the emulation concept too much. The shimmer reverb was already a bit courageous, cool though :hihi:
A courageous reverb? I like that.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

oh good, it's 1:15am, I wanna go to sleep and if nothing is gonna happen anyhow I can lock it up until I get up in the mornin win/win/win...:tu:

Is anyone running Obsession in Logic on an M1 Mac? Does Obsession require Logic to run in the rosetta mode?

Only until the update, which shouldn't be too far away.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

personally i'm hoping the update features a one page GUI option.
I was hanging out for this synth, now it's released i dig the sound, but i cant bring myself to buy it.
i understand RE compatibility, but...
the modulation etc at the front end is easy enough to get accustomed to on the hardware synth, but as a plugin, the current layout kills workflow, which is important to me.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Would hate it to look like the Autiria but some rationalisaton of back panel would definitely be well received and if this means decoupling the plug in from the RE then fair enough.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

a point update is not going to be a complete gui rewrite

look at latest legend and D3 for hints

Makes sense.

I don't own those guys but will wait kinda patiently.

(If you need extra beta testers while your wrist is sore let me know ;))

Vortifex wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:07 am Yeah, the workflow was a big reason I went with the Arturia instead.
The GUI of OBsession IMHO is better than the Arturia plugin, even with the 2 page design which for sound design never was a real problem for me. In OB-Xa V you have to open a second panel too for some of the advanced features like e.g MSEGs, mod matrix etc. and in that panel you got additional tabs to switch modulations and effects editing.
Having a GUI that looks close to the real synth (like in OB-Xa V) is not always a good choice IMHO. Those "stripes" in the GUI (like in the real synth) did really hurt my eyes after a while when i was testing the demo version of OB-Xa V.
The OBsession GUI has a beter layout IMHO that does not hurt my eyes and bigger + clear looking controls that make editing quite easy.
Vortifex wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:07 am That and the Arturia has polyphonic unison, which Obsession lacks.
You can do a 2-voice polyphonic Unison in OBsession when using a second layer. Switch to 16-voice mode and Dual mode, copy/paste Part A to Part B and then detune the second part against Part A.
In Dual mode it will cycle through voices 1+2, 3+4 etc. so you can use the voice edit page to detune e.g. voices 2 + 4 + 6 etc. against voices 1 + 3 + 5 etc.

I used this "trick" in the factory preset "Hyperbrass IW" in the "Brass" folder/category.

For a "bigger" sound you can also use the built-in Chorus/Ensemble effect which IMHO sounds quite nice. I had used it in many of my patches, especially for Pads and Synth Strings. Even smaller amounts of Chorus like e.g. 20% Dry/Wet or even less often can make a bigger difference in the sound.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just picked up Obsession yesterday. I'm really enjoying programing this one. The reverb w/ shimmer sounds excellent which makes it convenient not to have to add another step. Wasn't planning on getting another Oberheim VST as I have Arturia, bx Oberhausen and CA Eight Voice but this sounds great and definitely has its own place. I'm looking forward to seeing what the update adds.

Return to “Instruments”