Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

So you are now all set I take it?
Great.
Hopefully over time he will improve the interface.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:18 am So you are now all set I take it?
Great.
Hopefully over time he will improve the interface.
rsp
I don't think it's possible because there is just too much crammed into this thing. It can literally do anything MIDI related but the UI is so small that the only way to access everything is with hidden functions. I guess he could make the UI bigger to accommodate more on the main screen but as this is version 2.8.2, I doubt he's going to make those changes this late in the game. At least now I know where everything is.

The functionality is beyond immense.

I know you are just after a box but a Keystep is only $129 at Sweetwater and it has really good/expressive aftertouch.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:26 am I know you are just after a box but a Keystep is only $129 at Sweetwater and it has really good/expressive aftertouch.
Thanks Bones. I'll keep that in mind when this keyboard craps out on me. I did get this interface to finally work, though it is a little buggy at times.

back on topic....

Changelog v1.03

Patch import/export (.repatch) to/from the Reason Rack Extension fixed.

AnX wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:51 am back on topic....

Changelog v1.03

Patch import/export (.repatch) to/from the Reason Rack Extension fixed.
There was indeed a problem with exported *.repatch files not working in the RE plugin.

KVR member aMUSEd had mentioend that when i sent him patches created with the VST2 plugin in v1.02 and i sent a bug report to Richard including the files. The v1.03 update (for Windows) seems to be similar to a new installer that Richard sent me for testing purposes some days ago.

The *.repatch files in my new patches download at the Soundware forum are updated and should be working properly now.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Does the update only address RE versions? If so I can give it a miss.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:22 pm Does the update only address RE versions? If so I can give it a miss.
v1.03 fixes a problem with RE (*.Repatch) patch files that were exported with the VST2 plugin. I am only awaee of this with the Windows version but not sure if it already worked in OSX. aMUSEd seemed to be able to export working RE files with his Mac before the current update.

Using this is only necessary if you got both the VST and RE version and want to exchange patches between them or if you only got the VST (like i do but i can also use the AAX) but want to export your own patches also in the RE format so RE users can use the patches too.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

If you don't need .repatch export on Windows I guess not

It was working already on Mac but the export process is different

Nope, so I'm good then, thanks.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

ok...so this thread is through now?
once again the topic is thew synth...next person to say something about someone else in this thread wont keep another post in this threads no matter wtf it is...got it?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

AnX wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:43 am cool, can you remove the OT stuff about Wags Controller probs above and prev page then?

cheers
no because that at least has to do a little with the conversation and is a reasonable sidetrack...more important it's not the same targeting certain people like wannabe school yard bullies.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:03 am
AnX wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:43 am cool, can you remove the OT stuff about Wags Controller probs above and prev page then?

cheers
no because that at least has to do a little with the conversation and is a reasonable sidetrack...more important it's not the same targeting certain people like wannabe school yard bullies.

its OT, ts nothing to do with OBsession and i started a thread specifically for that subject as it was taking over this thread, tho that seems to have mysteriously disappeared :roll:

Hink wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:02 am ok...so this thread is through now?
once again the topic is thew synth...next person to say something about someone else in this thread wont keep another post in this threads no matter wtf it is...got it?
Hi Hink
You write that directly after my post which follows a small discusson about the update and talk about wags and controllers that you've said is OK. I guess that wasn't directed at me?

(Not sure what the off topic is supposed to be here, unless posts have been deleted that I've missed.)

revvy wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:58 am I guess that wasn't directed at me?

(Not sure what the off topic is supposed to be here, unless posts have been deleted that I've missed.)
No, it was not directed at you and indeed some posts were deleted.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”