Old DAWs - nostalgia thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry but both hypothesis incorrect. The issue is TIME is not a constant. It's going faster as time goes on. When I was a kid we would count 'One-Thousand-One, One-Thousand-Two, etc, etc' or 'Mississippi-One, Mississippi-Two, etc, etc' This was not done quickly either but at a nominal steady drone...

NOW you can't even say it fast enough, I nos say 'Kansas-One'. The sweep second hand is FLYING!

This is obvious first thing to check but nobody ever does...Probably because they are listening to music in Why-Fry headphones that beam that shit right through their skull to the other earpiece. Folks don't use that crap, cable only...

i see.

eLawnMust wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:29 pm Image

Sorry but both hypothesis incorrect. The issue is TIME is not a constant. It's going faster as time goes on.
Just exactly how fast are you going here? That old 'relativity' stuff and that....

Given you are an observer in one frame of reference, how can you measure this effect? Using time? :lol:

Perhaps a little refresher on the works of old Albert me be in order...

Here you go;

https://www.exactlywhatistime.com/physi ... stic-time/

(couldn't see anything about the wifis. Albert must have missed it.. :o )

eLawnMust wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:29 pm Image
The sweep second hand is FLYING!
im gonna say, maybe its your clock thats broken and not, the entirety of "time" in the universe.

although, it would explain why i never feel like ive slept long enough :o

vurt wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:55 pm or, you had less responsibilities and more time...
You saved time not having to deal with samples. :D

I was able to work midi editing on the Atari ST far faster than on Logic 5. It was frustrating...
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:18 pm
vurt wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:55 pm or, you had less responsibilities and more time...
You saved time not having to deal with samples. :D
sampling is a responsibility! :tu:

please sample responsibly.

Wow...This was like kicking an ant hill...Always same shit landing on anything 'slightly' out of the box. In this case it isn't even out of the box, anybody can do the test themselves like i did I am not going to argue something so simple to do...And einstein had nothing to do with it, he was a fraud & an idiot. Just another byproduct of 'edjacation' where they teach you garbage everything...

So let's kick the ant hill again as I bet the same ants show up...This is NOT 2023...No it is actually 2020... The british king in 1265 in honor of his birthday had all clocks moved forward 3 years, this stuck. Nope no actual proof but explains a few things... Like back in 2011 obama was visiting one of those sinister castles in britain & signed the 'guestbook' with correct month-day BUT year as 2008...3 years in the past. No explanation for this other than press assuming drunk-stoned well how did he get the month-day right?

I will be eagerly awaiting the flood of ants....

so im only 46? cool :)

not an ant, im not social enough, can i be a spider?

eLawnMust wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:03 pm Wow...This was like kicking an ant hill...Always same shit landing on anything 'slightly' out of the box. In this case it isn't even out of the box, anybody can do the test themselves like i did I am not going to argue something so simple to do...And einstein had nothing to do with it, he was a fraud & an idiot. Just another byproduct of 'edjacation' where they teach you garbage everything...

So let's kick the ant hill again as I bet the same ants show up...This is NOT 2023...No it is actually 2020... The british king in 1265 in honor of his birthday had all clocks moved forward 3 years, this stuck. Nope no actual proof but explains a few things... Like back in 2011 obama was visiting one of those sinister castles in britain & signed the 'guestbook' with correct month-day BUT year as 2008...3 years in the past. No explanation for this other than press assuming drunk-stoned well how did he get the month-day right?

I will be eagerly awaiting the flood of ants....

Oh my! :lol:

I'm afraid if you're going to posit that General and Special relativity are a 'fraud' then you'd better have some pretty good mathematical and experimental proofs (perhaps a little more verifiable than some bonkers counting bollocks... :hihi: )

General;

https://www.britannica.com/science/rela ... relativity

Special;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_of_ ... relativity

Perhaps you'd like to give us the evidence of how these empirical scientific verifications are wrong?

donkey tugger wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:27 am Oh my! :lol:

I'm afraid if you're going to posit that General and Special relativity are a 'fraud' then you'd better have some pretty good mathematical and experimental proofs (perhaps a little more verifiable than some bonkers counting bollocks... :hihi: )

General;

https://www.britannica.com/science/rela ... relativity

Special;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_of_ ... relativity

Perhaps you'd like to give us the evidence of how these empirical scientific verifications are wrong?
The saying, "choose your battles" applies here. Let this person think that the hands on the clocks are moving faster and it's all a conspiracy that they've figured out because they're so much smarter than all of us ants. That level of paranoia and ego means this person is either broken beyond what a conversation on an internet forum can fix, or they're using too much meth.

https://archive.org/details/milk-rel34 ok there it is :D
Not my best really, I think I did it in 4 hours just before deadline. The quality of reverb is quite horrible. I am not completely sure was it SoundForge's internal reverb or Sonic Timeworks ReverbX. I remember using CompressorX for the bass and drums. Mix is completely rubbish as in "does it sound somehow ok on these? "yeah but bass.." "ok I'll send it"! DX plugins...
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Monsum wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:20 pm First one is Cakewalk Project5 (version 1) released in March 2003

I bought Project 5 but didn't really gel with it. I found it way too limited and preferred Sonar.

I think it's main feature of the time was "gapless audio", something that's pretty basically in any modern DAW now, as at the time, alot of on the fly editing couldn't be done in Sonar at the time without Pops and Clicks.

It's Piano Roll was "meh". Sonars Piano roll was already pretty powerful by then already.

I think Project 5 was also trying to compete with FL, Ableton, and Reason.

But those programs just did a little more (or in Ableton's and Reason's case which had major limitations at the time lack of midi in the former, lack of audio recording in the latter made up for those limitations by having a huge flexible feature set in the areas they did support).

Project 5 just didn't seem to have a real niche. it supported DXIs (which many people now might not even know what I'm talking about but that is my point as VSTis ended up dominating the plugin market and pretty much already did at the time Project 5 was released) .

On the plus side it did "look" nice.

Yeah, I use Project5 Still...it's pretty good. Even with the VST wrapper (updated of course) it has better plug scanning than ableton... DX-DXi rules as well as it's a superior architecture to VST Ummm 'standard'....

As to former crap-throwers I just baited you in then disappeared for awhile, I haven't read any of the shite so you see how pointless it is to THROW the shite...Amazing, like pushing a button...

Anywayz people complain of this-that lack of features, OK Butt...I recently created jazz tune in AXS tracker which is nothing BUTT a lack of features...

https://alonetone.com/TalkOrBell/tracks/axs-jazzmonger

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”