Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

BONES wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:17 am What bugs? I ain't seen no bugs. S1's stability is it's biggest asset for me, it's way better than Cubase on that front.
The issue you posted here about Studio One was posted on the SO facebook group a while back. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=554489&p=7933287#p7933287

The complaints about the bugs got so bad that Studio One's fb moderators (who seem like they are trying to impress actual staff or get a job there) are removing comments from users complaining about it. That's pretty bad. It's all over the SO forum, gearslutz (Studio One section), and SO facebook group.

Oh no, that over generalization again, and "proof" in the form of forum and social media posts. Alongside the typical conspiracy theories of users getting removed by companies for their criticism.

We might need "Stop the Delete" protests :hihi:

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:19 pm Oh no, that over generalization again, and "proof" in the form of forum and social media posts. Alongside the typical conspiracy theories of users getting removed by companies for their criticism.
Yeah I see where you are from, you know about generalization.
Last edited by wuworld on Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnGee wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:48 pm We might need "Stop the Delete" protests :hihi:
Maybe...

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:48 am A general thing I'm wondering about (probably also present in Studio One 5): I have a FPS overlay running which comes from Geforce Experience, a service program which comes with the Nvidia graphics driver. It usually shows the current frames per second in full screen applications like games, but, whenever I launch Studio One, it also shows in the Studio One program window, as well as in every popup window, e.g. the instruments or effect window of Studio One.

Does anyone know what that is about? I always thought it would only show up in full screen applications... happens in Cubase as well, BTW, not just Studio One. Do they have some special graphical thing which makes the Geforce overlay think it's a full screen application?

Edit: Testing it again, I realized that it only does that when I add an instance of a NI plugin to the project. Happens with Massive X, Replika XT, and also with Dirt. So, it seems to have something to do with the graphics tech of NI's plugins.
Maybe ask support? :lol:

Why? Pretty easy to just deactivate that FPS counter. :P

Not sure whose support I should ask anyway. NI's I guess. But, it's a minor issue really. Just weird, and I was wondering about it, that's all.

I had a problem with Studio One v3 especially with Kontakt and Reaktor. It was spiking the CPU. The same with Cubase 7,8,9! With S1v4 the problem got much less but still there and with v4.5 it almost disappeared (v5 even more stable with this specific problem). Cubase 10 and 10.5 has also addressed the problem it seems.

For now, I have nVidia card but I have no noticeable problem with CPU with both S1v5 and Cubase 10.5 :) However, I had a slight problem with midi in S1v4. The midi recorded wasn't exactly as I play. Anyway, this is a minor problem as I edit mostly in the end what I play (I don't use auto quantize when recording).

Now, personally, I care first about the workflow/interface first, second how good is the integration with what I have from hardware (I have only 4). Third is midi as this is what I record in (no audio at first). Fourth, how the CPU and how good is the DAW works with my soft synths and instruments.

Studio One is doesn't have my highest rating for all the above, but still I trust it (it is my second DAW now). My most trusty DAWs when it comes to overall final mix resultare (from highest to lowest):
1. Ableton Live
2. Samplitude
3. Cubase
4. Bitwig
5. Studio One
6. Reaper
7. FL Studio
20. Tracktion ( :hihi: )

wuworld wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:46 pmThe issue you posted here about Studio One was posted on the SO facebook group a while back. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=554489&p=7933287#p7933287
Sure, but that's not something that stops me getting my work done. It's certainly not what I'd classify as a bug and compared to the long list of problems I have with Cubase, it's not even worth mentioning.
The complaints about the bugs got so bad that Studio One's fb moderators (who seem like they are trying to impress actual staff or get a job there) are removing comments from users complaining about it. That's pretty bad. It's all over the SO forum, gearslutz (Studio One section), and SO facebook group.
Those places are definitely full of idiots. To be clear, when I say "idiots", I am talking about people who use Facebook and Mac users (who, I reckon, might soon find themselves completely unable to use Studio One, thanks to Apple's switch to ARM).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Presonus Studio One Pro 5.1.1 Update Released Today Nov. 17th.

Version 5.1.1 Release Notes (November 17, 2020)

Please note:

- Make sure that your 3rd party plug-ins are updated to the most recent version.
- [macOS only] If you’re experiencing any graphics issues with 3rd-party plug-ins, you may disable graphics hardware acceleration (Preferences > General) for improved compatibility.

New features and improvements:

● Support for PreSonus Revelator
● Updated ATOM mappings for PreSonus instruments and Note FX

Fixes:

● Realtime export cuts off beginning of mixdown in certain cases
● [macOS] Graphic glitches when scrolling up and down long menus
● [macOS] Up and down keys don’t work in certain 3rd party plug-ins
● [macOS] Package installation button has no function in certain situations
● [Windows] Potential crash while opening the Score Editor
● [Windows] Events are slightly shifted at High DPI under certain conditions

● [Melodyne] Key commands are disabled when Editor has focus
● [Melodyne] Blank space left on bounce which doesn't get repopulated
● [Score Editor] Potential crash when opening from Scratch Pad
● [Score Editor] Generic name displayed when instrument part name is empty in inspector
● [Score Editor] Notehead highlight stuck on chords with Tie/Glissando tool
● [Score Editor] Note highlight ignores rests when highlighting left of pointer
● [Score Editor] Highlight used to indicate the current notehead gets stuck when moving the pointer to another chord

● [Start Page] Document search does not support certain international characters
● [Start Page] Document search icon not visible in light theme
● [Audio Editor] Missing data zoom controls when any of the global tracks is active
● [Audio Editor] Scale does not adjust height anymore when chords are shown
● [Presence Editor] Category images applied twice
● [Groove Delay] Incorrect Tap-Groove-handle movement
● [Groove Delay] The XY-handle is truncated

● [Pattern Editor] Button text displayed incorrectly in automation lanes
● [FaderPort] Certain buttons are not illuminated when selected
● [PreSonus Sphere] Mixdowns directly uploaded to Sphere workspace are flagged as stems
● Potential crash when dragging .musicloop or audio event with crossfade over ruler
● Instrument Parts no longer auto-extend to bar end on record
● Redrawing audio event has glitches when layers are collapsed
● "Search for updates" dialog doesn't auto-wrap text
● Block size is added to Recording Offset

● Track filter commands are slow with large number of tracks
● Dragging an event located beneath folder tracks is wrongly represented on those folders
● Crash on Export/Mixdown with Dante PCIe R Card on Windows
● Note Editor does not remember last piano roll / view state on a per-track basis
● Quantum 1 and 2 have no preamp control
● Unwanted fade-out when editing with "No overlap" engaged
● Clicking and dragging tempo and moving note events via numeric input in the inspector create too many undo steps
● Layers don't follow Events (and Arranger Ranges) properly when "Edit Lock" or "Time Lock" is checked

● "Show all Tracks" and "Hide all Tracks" is slow in certain cases
● When making range selections on a track with envelopes expanded it's not possible to edit the envelopes with the bracket tool
● Potential crash on selecting event range in the editor with the Mute Tool
● Automation nodes are not visually selected across multiple lanes
● Tracks in a closed folder remain hidden after search filter is cleared
● Freeze on instantiating certain plug-ins from UnitedPlugins
● Unwanted behavior on dropping fx to send panel with multiple selected channels
● Foot switch toggle is now momentary

^ that's a lot of fixes for a program that had "no bugs."

mholloway wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:33 pm ^ that's a lot of fixes for a program that had "no bugs."
They are mostly Microbug fixes :hihi:

mholloway wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:33 pm ^ that's a lot of fixes for a program that had "no bugs."
:lol:

Can't see any mention of improvements to MPE support which is a pity, especially as Equator 2 now only comes as a VST3 or AU

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:17 pm Can't see any mention of improvements to MPE support which is a pity, especially as Equator 2 now only comes as a VST3 or AU
I don't have any MPE instruments, or Controllers. So don't use MPE.

What is the problem with their current MPE implementation ? doesn't work ? or ... ?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”