Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Besides the price tag discussion: at least they DID some more Mix FX. After long hiatus since Console Shaper (proof of concept) and CTC-1 no one had expected more to come.

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:43 pm I think so too, which is a bummer seeing they care now more about subscriptions.
I've always considered Studio One to be a no frills DAW. As long as the DAW stays perpetual and I can use my plugins I'm not really bothered with them doing things like this. I rarely use the Console Shaper anyway.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

I was curious of how many times S1 would crash my M1 Air! None! I was surprised that for about one hour trying everything I used to use, but nothings. Very stable and snappy under Rosetta!! However, I don't see a reason now to use it (or use any other DAW) instead of Logic.
Why people prefer Studio One over Logic? The only benefits I see it is easier to use and it is a multi platform DAW (Mac/Windows).

This is Logic (Year 2007) from a sound on sound magazine article... Video Timeline Thumbnail Control....

Presonus.... where's yours ?

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Presonus just released three new mix console engine effects ,api ,sll desk ( or neve ?) and tascam portastudio emulations.
At a democratic price :tu:
https://www.presonus.com/products/retro-mix-legends
Edit : too late , someone beat me to it
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

The Retro Mix Legends Brit Console “Vintage” is definitely an SL 4000 series. I think the “Super” is a model of the SL 9000 J, taking its name from 9000’s capacitorless design which SSL marketed as “SuperAnalogue.”

They already did a Neve emulation (“Classic”), along with an EMI REDD desk (“Tube”) in CTC-1.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Very nice to see some more MixFX plugins. I believe the architecture is open to third party developers, but since it's obviously limited to Studio One, there haven't been much except CTC-1 from PreSonus and Softube Tape.

Wonder whether they'll be available from other shops like Plugin Boutique or JRR Shop too...

AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:14 am Very nice to see some more MixFX plugins. I believe the architecture is open to third party developers, but since it's obviously limited to Studio One, there haven't been much except CTC-1 from PreSonus and Softube Tape.

Wonder whether they'll be available from other shops like Plugin Boutique or JRR Shop too...
Ctc-1 or Fat Channel XT Collection are there, so I'm sure in time the new ones will also show up.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

EnGee wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:17 am I was curious of how many times S1 would crash my M1 Air! None! I was surprised that for about one hour trying everything I used to use, but nothings. Very stable and snappy under Rosetta!! However, I don't see a reason now to use it (or use any other DAW) instead of Logic.
Why people prefer Studio One over Logic? The only benefits I see it is easier to use and it is a multi platform DAW (Mac/Windows).
I wouldn't mind using Logic (given that in the UK it's by far the most used DAW) but the broken PDC bug is a massive deal breaker for me.
When you start mixing with high latency plug ins, Logic doesn't compensate the automation lanes and the sidechains. The result is that all the automated eq sweeps (for example) happen before they should and the sidechain ducks are out of time. Apple said they fixed it, they didn't.
To be fair tho I don't know if S1 is better or has the same issue
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

Do you think S1 will ever get audio quantize like Cubase?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

trtzbass wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:28 am
EnGee wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:17 am I was curious of how many times S1 would crash my M1 Air! None! I was surprised that for about one hour trying everything I used to use, but nothings. Very stable and snappy under Rosetta!! However, I don't see a reason now to use it (or use any other DAW) instead of Logic.
I wouldn't mind using Logic (given that in the UK it's by far the most used DAW) but the broken PDC bug is a massive deal breaker for me.
When you start mixing with high latency plug ins, Logic doesn't compensate the automation lanes and the sidechains. The result is that all the automated eq sweeps (for example) happen before they should and the sidechain ducks are out of time. Apple said they fixed it, they didn't.
To be fair tho I don't know if S1 is better or has the same issue
I understand. Thanks. But high latency plugins are mostly for mastering, right?
I think I have few of them, but till now I've never used any (I also don't use side chaining). So I think for my usage Logic is fine, however on Windows Studio One is my choice if I don't use Bitwig/Live.

Oh, I think TDR Limiter has a latency, but I don't think I would use any automation on that. Anyway, I think several DAWs have a problem with PDC when automating plugins with latency but I'm curious now to know which DAWs handle the PDC fine while automating such plugins? Is S1 among them?

morelia wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:53 am Do you think S1 will ever get audio quantize like Cubase?
There is already audio quantize in Studio One. What do you mean by like Cubase?Workflow or something else?

morelia wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:53 am Do you think S1 will ever get audio quantize like Cubase?
Melodyne comes with Studio One.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:47 am
Studio One comes with Melodyne Essential

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:09 pm
jamcat wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:47 am
Studio One comes with Melodyne Essential
But it also has Audio Bend and Slice which is audio quantizing. It has a few quirks but it is audio quantizing.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”