Introducing Orb Producer Suite plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Orb Composer Pro was deleted from the website www.orb-composer.com.
But Plugin Boutique is still selling it.
Still crashing.
No updates planned.
No free update to Orb Producer.
Studio One 6, Waveform Pro 11, Acid Pro 10, NI, Pigments 4

I wont comment on the kind of strange product and marketing strategy of Orb Composer nor on the support.

But to be honest I would wonder if there has been any free upgrades announced in between different main product numbers (1, 2, 3 now) cause that is really unusual in general independent from Hexachords.

I have payed for the upgrade from V2 to V3 and have to say that this is really a main upgrade both in case of GUI (which is really much better and makes using much easier) and in functionallity.

With chaining the parts and generating a new song for the whole songstructure (and all instrument plugins) with the click on one button is really something I have requested for a long time. It is kind of integrating a "lite" version of Orb Composer into Orb producer plugins.

And the AI engines in the background have been improved a lot (generating of chord progression now takes prior and following chord into account for example, the new lyrical melody is really nice and a lot more).

So for the upgrade prize (49 €) you more or less get a new product. I definitely dont regret paying that 49 bucks for it (or might have been even less in the intro period, I am not sure about this). And it even works from V1 to V3. What it will be worth if the next sale comes (as I said, wont comment on this)........

Price policy for Orb Producer now seem to be more or less orientated on the "model" for this (Captain plugins). I think it depends mainly on your taste or the music style you want to produce which one of it will be better. I must say for me personally with the V3 Orb producer made a big jump and supersedes Captain plugins actual version for now.

Has anyone tried running Orb Producer on Linux with Yabridge? Unfortunately, they don't have a demo to test compatibility.

Can anyone please tell me if Orb Producer allows to generate complex two hands piano compositions, let's say roughly resembling Chopin's type of music? Does it understand the concept of spreading the music load into two hands?

There seems to be a serious disconnect between the midi editor, multiple chords per bar and the chords display tabs above it when adding in your own chords. If, for example, I manually add a couple of different chords per bar in the midi editor the chords tabs don't reflect these changes. Am I missing something?

Okay, figured it out. I didn't realize you could move the grid lines in the editor to accommodate the shorter chords. Problem solved.

Hi,
is there a way to automate 'Theme' changes? I know I can chain them into blocks but it would be great if my DAW could control this via MIDI.
No Such Error | nosucherror.com

Hexachords wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:40 pm
tonymax wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:21 pm any plans on a rhtythm/drum module to add to orb producer? as in the captain plugins.
Yes, we are working on it ;-)
In just 3 months, this comment will become 2 years old and I still don't see a drum/rhythm module included with Orb Producer. I was thinking of picking up Composer Pro being that it's on major sale on a 3rd party seller site, but comments about it crashing as well as no upgrade path don't make it too appealing.

Don't. I bought Composer Pro a couple of months before they decided to ditch it. Spent €200 on a discontinued, no longer supported and buggy plugin. Bottom line is don't get anything from Hexachords.

RichterX wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:55 pm Don't. I bought Composer Pro a couple of months before they decided to ditch it. Spent €200 on a discontinued, no longer supported and buggy plugin. Bottom line is don't get anything from Hexachords.
Same happened to me.

Check RapidComposer.
Or Sundog Song Studio, Instacomposer, Scaler.
Studio One 6, Waveform Pro 11, Acid Pro 10, NI, Pigments 4

This is 39€ now for Black Friday. Anyone still using it and can recommend it? I'm on Ableton 11 / Windows 10. Is it running stable? Thanks!

dermage wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:46 am This is 39€ now for Black Friday. Anyone still using it and can recommend it? I'm on Ableton 11 / Windows 10. Is it running stable? Thanks!
Orb producer is not the same as orb composer.
Orb producer suite works fine for me. It is stable on win7+8, 64-bit.
I can't say anything about the support because i don't have any problem with it.
I like the fact that you can randomize for the selected module or all modules at the same time. While playing. :tu:

Saffran wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:49 pm
dermage wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:46 am This is 39€ now for Black Friday. Anyone still using it and can recommend it? I'm on Ableton 11 / Windows 10. Is it running stable? Thanks!
Orb producer is not the same as orb composer.
Orb producer suite works fine for me. It is stable on win7+8, 64-bit.
I can't say anything about the support because i don't have any problem with it.
I like the fact that you can randomize for the selected module or all modules at the same time. While playing. :tu:
Thanks for your input, I've watched some Youtube videos yesterday and it looked nice, will get it probably. Also the ability to synchronize several Orb plugins across tracks is very useful and not found in other generators plugins (I have).
I'm not considering Captain's plugins, since they have a only requirement.

Btw: I saw on their Facebook, that Orb Orchestra (Orb Composer 2) is coming soon(TM), which will possibly fix the problems they have with Composer 1.5

Return to “Instruments”