Kilohearts Plug-Ins, demos and experiments

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just subscribed to the Kilohearts subscription scheme, mainly for checking out Phase Plant, but also their other plug-ins, so here is a first video using SnapHeap in which one can combine all their plug-ins to create multi FX chains, modulation is possible inside the plug-in with 2 LFOs and more.

https://youtu.be/Ykf-zc6EUac

Processing a simple acoustic guitar sequence with a custom preset in Kilohearts SnapHeap, a multi FX device in which the individual Kilohearts plug-ins can be combined and modulated via LFOs/Macros/Midi Controllers. This patch also uses a multi-pass plugin inside the FX chain so it's a plug-in inside a plug-in like those Russian Babushka dolls.

https://youtu.be/MIAFAVLy3RM

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

resistent wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:29 pm Nice as always. As you seem to use MXXX, Triad (or BYOME?) and now SnapHeap what is your verdict of those? When one can spend money only for one of those which would you pick. Which Multi-FX is your favorite.
Thanks
I never got into Triad as BYOME was enough for my needs and I have MXXXCore for multi-band and the more complex tasks like setting up feedback chains with FX inside the chain or audio rate modulation between modules. Snapheap is a great tool, I like the sound of all the modules I've tested so far, it's much faster to setup than MXXX, you have a fixed number of modulators per instance (unlike MXXX -> limitless or BYOME -> I think 8 is the limit there) but as one can insert a multi-band plug-in inside Snapheat it gives you more modulators to use. Financially speaking, paying ten bucks a month for all the Kilohearts plugs (including the Phase Plant synth) with the possibility to pause at any time, it doesn't get much better than that.

Hi

In Serum there is a modulator called "Note-onRand" - it is very helpful for modulating wavetables on a lead because it can give a 'human' feel to a wavetable that has a similar flavour. As the name suggests, each note on event generates a random number that can be used as a modulator.

Phase plant has everything I would want , except this. I can use velocity and tweak the setting using max/min utility but this isn't quite the thing I am looking for, though it gets close to it.

Ableton (I don't use it anymore) used to have a Notre on midi generator and a random midi generator that you could sum together to get the effect I am looking for....

Question :- is there a 3rd party plugin that can modulate synth parameters from 'outside' the synth that will help me do what I am looking to do...

Thanks for any workarounds or help you can give --- I tried talking to Kilohearts on facebook but after 48 hours with no reply I am a bit disappointed.
Zen

Just use a retriggering, unipolar, random LFO with speed set to very slow respectively zero.

Fraggle wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:38 pm Hi

In Serum there is a modulator called "Note-onRand" - it is very helpful for modulating wavetables on a lead because it can give a 'human' feel to a wavetable that has a similar flavour. As the name suggests, each note on event generates a random number that can be used as a modulator.

Phase plant has everything I would want , except this. I can use velocity and tweak the setting using max/min utility but this isn't quite the thing I am looking for, though it gets close to it.

Ableton (I don't use it anymore) used to have a Notre on midi generator and a random midi generator that you could sum together to get the effect I am looking for....

Question :- is there a 3rd party plugin that can modulate synth parameters from 'outside' the synth that will help me do what I am looking to do...

Thanks for any workarounds or help you can give --- I tried talking to Kilohearts on facebook but after 48 hours with no reply I am a bit disappointed.
To be more precise: in the modulator section select a Random module, set speed to SYNC and e.g. 64/4, hook it up to the wavetable "Frame"-parameter -> done.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

resistent wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:23 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:50 pm
resistent wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:29 pm Nice as always. As you seem to use MXXX, Triad (or BYOME?) and now SnapHeap what is your verdict of those? When one can spend money only for one of those which would you pick. Which Multi-FX is your favorite.
Thanks
I never got into Triad as BYOME was enough for my needs and I have MXXXCore for multi-band and the more complex tasks like setting up feedback chains with FX inside the chain or audio rate modulation between modules. Snapheap is a great tool, I like the sound of all the modules I've tested so far, it's much faster to setup than MXXX, you have a fixed number of modulators per instance (unlike MXXX -> limitless or BYOME -> I think 8 is the limit there) but as one can insert a multi-band plug-in inside Snapheat it gives you more modulators to use. Financially speaking, paying ten bucks a month for all the Kilohearts plugs (including the Phase Plant synth) with the possibility to pause at any time, it doesn't get much better than that.
Thanks for your reply. Maybe a mean question but what would you pick if you would need to pick one single multi fx processor? Byome, MXXX, kilohearts toolbox? Excluding the synths which coming with an with no eye on the money. Thanks
MXXX or MXXXCore for sure.

/* whitenoise */

resistent wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:12 pm Thanks. 500€ is lot but hey if I want it I can save for.
Just get Core and the creative bundle for a start.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Various Kaleidoscope sequencer presets processed with an FX chain in Kilohearts Snapheap, tweaking things on the fly, input source is external pink noise (Falcon).

https://youtu.be/MKjriu58mmk

Processing one of my Tremor beats with a custom patch in Kilohearts SnapHeap, tweaking the installed Macros on the fly, enjoying a pretty wild jam.

https://youtu.be/DqFC_Dy3Di0

Processing a simple chromatic percussion sequence (Pianoteq 7) with a custom patch in Kilohearts SnapHeap, tweaking the installed Macros on the fly.

https://youtu.be/iyHetBDxObA

Return to “patchpool”