Please send me your Quadrafuzz. Essentially who has the oldest version of Cubase installed?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bueller?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Did you managed to make it work?

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:35 am Nope, the one from E-Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JCxnD0FeTI&t=384s

I'm on a call right now so can't listen to it but a quick scan shows it starts around the 2 minute mark.
Hm.. the thing he does is basically how I do it if I want to do full on basslines, but it took me years (yes, years of pain!) to get there (there was no youtube instruction videos in 2001 and I didn't know any other experienced artists)...

But I do think E-clip is overdoing it here.
First he adds transients and then he removes them later on. Why? He makes velocity changes and then use LFOTool. You can do it with 2 or 3 plugins.
I also use EQ + envelope shaper + sometimes a "coloring tool" like overdrive/dist. But I rarely render basslines anymore. The result is too static and hard for my taste. I used to use RBass aswell 10 years ago, but it's not really necessary if you got a good synth source and a stock EQ. I prefer using envelope shapers too compressors actually. I tend to avoid multiband shapers though. I want the bass freq's to be as snappy as any other. At least when listening on a decent monitor speaker system this is where a snappy 20-50 Hz really shines through.
Every full-on psytrance sounds likes this nowadays. Very few artists comes up with their own bass sound anymore.

Sometimes less is more. Checkout Oforia or Logic Bomb for some fantastic psytrance bassline sounds.

Btw, I have the very first Quadrafuzz, that can be used with jbridge... (the one in Cubase SX doesn't work since its locked to Steinberg hosts only, jbridge won't load it). But really, you can get the same result with other tools of course..

Yes completely agree it appears he's overdoing it but I think thats his standard chain and he only uses what us necessary per track. I can't imaginehe uses all of that because that's just stupid.

So you gonna send me it? ;) I agree I can get the same result elsewhere but after years and years of trying it's not about that, it's about finally ticking the Quadrafuzz box.

Fascinating, you really prefer spending time looking for a super old plugin that is not guaranteed to run in the future than trying to get a result with what is already available (like the new quadrafuzz in cubase which is great)?
Not want to keep you from doing that at all, you can do what you want, of course, just curious. What’s so special about a twenty year old plugin that is basically a simple multiband distortion? Is it the vintage digital sound? Are we at the point where old VST plugins become valued collectibles? :wink:

Personally, I don’t bother with plugins that are not supported anymore and need workarounds like bridging to get running, but that’s just me.

This?
QuadraFuzz.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Red One works fine in C10 with jbridge. But i've never seen the other one before, only as a legacy in Cubase.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

fese wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:02 am Fascinating, you really prefer spending time looking for a super old plugin that is not guaranteed to run in the future than trying to get a result with what is already available (like the new quadrafuzz in cubase which is great)?
Not want to keep you from doing that at all, you can do what you want, of course, just curious. What’s so special about a twenty year old plugin that is basically a simple multiband distortion? Is it the vintage digital sound? Are we at the point where old VST plugins become valued collectibles? :wink:

Personally, I don’t bother with plugins that are not supported anymore and need workarounds like bridging to get running, but that’s just me.
The new version of Quadrafuzz is rubbish compared to the old one. They over engineered it and just made it "soft" , the old one was harsh as hell and just pure nasty and so easy to use. There's nothing like it tbh.

NAD wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:54 am This? QuadraFuzz.zip
This works too, this is the blue one. Takes a bit of fiddling with jbridge to get it to work, but I use separated GUI mode (Not Integrated) and it works fine.

Why steiny didn't just update the original as well as the new one is annoying.

cnt wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:01 pm But I do think E-clip is overdoing it here.
First he adds transients and then he removes them later on. Why? He makes velocity changes and then use LFOTool. You can do it with 2 or 3 plugins.
He doesn't add transients, he's reducing peaks, bringing RMS up and changing phase, as he said in video, second, he's fine tuning that velocity with lfo tool, opposed to just bringing down volume of first note in linear fashion.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:12 pm Yes completely agree it appears he's overdoing it but I think thats his standard chain and he only uses what us necessary per track. I can't imaginehe uses all of that because that's just stupid.
Why is it stupid, for years people are wondering "Why my bass isn't like his" and than he shows you and you are all critiques of fine taste, Domestic used 2 channel strips in Cubase for his bass on Analogix, every bit brings something, as show in E-Clip video, he didn't do much with most of the tools, but he ended up with something he found appropriate for the track, most of his processing here is EQ, he said he fine tuned this thing in mater of weeks, it's not like he started pilling up effects without no reason in 5 mins or loaded that chain and tried his luck, he probably tried many things and this is what made it.

LeVzi wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:11 am
The new version of Quadrafuzz is rubbish compared to the old one. They over engineered it and just made it "soft" , the old one was harsh as hell and just pure nasty and so easy to use. There's nothing like it tbh.
Perhaps because of all the aliasing? :D

I read a similar thread not so long ago about this older version of Quadrafuzz. Wanted to see if I could find the old red/blue one for Mac but it looks like you would have to go back to MacOS 9 days for that one.

It doesn't look like V1 made the jump to Intel. However, the blue copy from SX3 (file version says 1.1.0.8, about screen says 1.1.1) will run on Snow Leopard in 32-bit Cubase. I tested it with Elements 6.0.7.

I've attached it here along with the one I got out of SX1 (version 1.1.0) which doesn't show up in Cubase 6. It probably needs an older system. The one with the .vst extension is from SX3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image

NAD wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:54 am This? QuadraFuzz.zip
:hail: :hail: :hail:

I'd kill for an old version of legit native VST Quadrafuzz that works properly on my Windows 10 machine :cry: :cry: :cry: .my own CD from way back doesn't show the GUI properly or save states when you close the GUI(its DX and requires a shell).i have tried the one from the old Cubase SX 3 CD i had but its essentially a preset machine(edit page doesn't show up)i've heard newer Quadrafuzz in Cubase 10 and it seems like it went the direction of Saturn and is not as brutal and downright strange in the way the old Craig Anderton model is.its not a straight forward multiband distortion plugin either .the interaction between crossovers(not to mention how "wrong"they are which adds to the sound),band drive and drive curve is insane.i'm surprised nobody has attempted to imitate it
I

Return to “Effects”