What are some synths that sound amazing but the factory presets could be better?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You're right and just turn all knobs/sliders to max there :D

LeVzi wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:25 am
vurt wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:03 pmone ping only.
It is a hell of a ping though, no ?
the only ping that matters.

SamDi wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:49 am
LeVzi wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:30 am I write a very specific style of music (Terror) and tbh there are so few banks for it, you have to know a bit of sound design to exist. So factory presets in synths are going to be 95% useless to me. But I always check them out.
Ah for Terror it's easy: just take the first preset sound you find, throw it through a limiter and crank it up to +30dB, then EQ some resonances in with highest Q for +20dB, then send it through a delay with feedback knob on highest value, after that send it through a distortion effect with square function curve, and maybe send it again through a limiter with +30 dB. Don't forget to raise Master volume slider, that the red area constantly is shining.

Voila, there you have the perfect Terror sound. Was a pleasure to support you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Init , doesn't really work though ;)
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

JiggSaw wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:54 pm For example... Diva sounds amazing but factory presets are kind of blah and not really inspiring imo. I've purchased some 3rd party presets for it that had a lot more life compared to the sounds it comes with. I'm curious if the community feels this way about other synths.
This is true for most synths but its always a matter of taste.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

I tend not to give presets much of a chance after first impressions. I flip through them so fast, sometimes not in the ideal octave. They are discarded from consideration in an instant. If I were to take some time to see what I could do with a preset I didn't like, maybe I'd see new potential in it. We should have a crappiest preset contest, where we had to make a track with a set of the worst presets from given synths (maybe collectively determined). I wonder.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Instruments”