Shreddage 3 and Jazz Guitar

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, I'm new to the world of midi guitar - I'm primarily a bass player with some mediocre keys chops.

I've been dealing with some issues when trying to replicate the playing style of someone like John Scofield within Shreddage 3, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or videos they can send my way to work around some of the peculiarities within Shreddage 3 short of forcing notes onto specific strings so I can get the appropriate sustain, articulations, and chord voicings/hand shapes.

One of the issues I'm also running into that I'm not sure someone else has resolved is often when I play a key on my keyboard, for instance I think there's something finicky within Cubase - if I click on the piano roll on E3, I get a single string played, either on the B string 5th fret or open E - if I play E3 on my keyboard, both will be triggered... I think this might be an issue within Kontakt itself? This might be one of the reasons I'm not able to obtain the right level of sustain, hand positions, and chord shapes when I'm trying to approximate parts on my keyboard to resolve later after recording the performance.

Thanks in advance!

Well I solved the multiple midi input issue - it was a program on my StudioLogic SL Studio keyboard, this has resolved a lot of the issues with multiple strings ringing when I play one note on one key. Now I just gotta practice more lol, trying to replicate say John Scofield's "Alone Together" via performance on a keyboard as opposed to manually entering midi input into the piano roll will be something to strive towards.

Return to “Instruments”