The adrenakrΩhm psytrance corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To get it out of the way from the off, this is Mushy and will be the account and sole thread into which I post my psytrance tracks either via Soundcloud or now, by YouTube.

My Soundcloud is still under Mushy Mushy but I've long included the adrenakrΩhm suffix in the project name which is my psy pseudonym.

I've been working with an artist to have the artwork prepared and we just signed off on it now. To say I'm ecstatic is an understatement :hyper:

First track then to kick this thread off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTdDIkSIOHQ

https://soundcloud.com/adrenakrohm/insolent-solivagant

Lots more to follow in the coming months.
Last edited by adrenakrΩhm on Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terminated!!!!

That'll teach you to post "obscene" material Mushy.... :P

Can you appeal :shrug:

Thanks man. Appeal has been lodged.

The latest (and only) theory is the ohm symbol triggered something with the algorithm :shrug:

It was deleted within minutes so something has quite obviously gone wrong...
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

YouTube have reinstated the account.

No apology or explanation was given but nevertheless I am obviously happy with the decision.

So yeah, take two then.

Listened to the tracks posted so far. Man, this is well produced stuff. Somebody really needs to teach me how to do this genre properly because done right it sounds really great.

Thanks as always for the listen and kind words Wags :tu:

Can we expect this to be the next project from you? You've done ever other genre imaginable :hihi:

adrenakrΩhm wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:07 pm Thanks as always for the listen and kind words Wags :tu:

Can we expect this to be the next project from you? You've done ever other genre imaginable :hihi:
Well, I actually did a "Trance" project that, by the feedback I got, was a train wreck. You can check it out if you want. It's my playlist Wyzyrd Of Trance. It's a concept CD and was done quite a bit before I got a solid grasp of mixing. It isn't horrible mix wise but musically, well, like I said, it was not received well. Maybe I could do better now but I think for the time being it's out of my system.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:17 pm
adrenakrΩhm wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:07 pm Thanks as always for the listen and kind words Wags :tu:

Well, I actually did a "Trance" project that, by the feedback I got, was a train wreck. You can check it out if you want. It's my playlist Wyzyrd Of Trance. It's a concept CD and was done quite a bit before I got a solid grasp of mixing. It isn't horrible mix wise but musically, well, like I said, it was not received well. Maybe I could do better now but I think for the time being it's out of my system.
I'll check it out :tu:

adrenakrΩhm wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:32 pm https://youtu.be/CV9TB9fDX3k
I keep forgetting who this is. :lol:

Anyway, really cool stuff. I love the vocal synth. What is that?

wagtunes wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:00 pm I keep forgetting who this is. :lol:

It's only me, sorry :hihi:

The vocal synth was LuSH101 but if I was to do it again I'd probably choose something different. It was a complete nightmare with the automation required. I found the sound I liked with it and then was too stubborn to cut my losses and change synths when it wasn't working in the track. In fact there was a thread with me complaining about how much I hated the synth despite being a massive D16 fan otherwise.

TL;DR: LuSH101 :D

adrenakrΩhm wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:12 pm

The vocal synth was LuSH101 but if I was to do it again I'd probably choose something different. It was a complete nightmare with the automation required. I found the sound I liked with it and then was too stubborn to cut my losses and change synths when it wasn't working in the track. In fact there was a thread with me complaining about how much I hated the synth despite being a massive D16 fan otherwise.

I don't believe it. No way in hell could I get that sound out of Lush 101

wagtunes wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:31 pm
adrenakrΩhm wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:12 pm

I don't believe it. No way in hell could I get that sound out of Lush 101
It was mainly just using the vowel filters with lots of automation to swap between them to generate the phrasing I was after. I'm back in the studio later tonight so will see if I still have the patch.

'first track posted'

Good production (on my headphones)

would like a bit of a kickless breakdown somewhere in the middle, maybe lift the vox samples a tad too.

Return to “Music Cafe”