/* whitenoise */

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GRUMP wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:05 pm we should also mention RP Blue 2 - just alone for the best Sine Wave since the Yamaha SY Series.
Aren't all sine waves pretty much equal?
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:15 am
GRUMP wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:05 pm we should also mention RP Blue 2 - just alone for the best Sine Wave since the Yamaha SY Series.
What makes it better?
:borg:

Yamaha sinewaves have a hidden superharmonic , only Rob Papen managed to replicate this special harmonic :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:35 pm Yamaha sinewaves have a hidden superharmonic , only Rob Papen managed to replicate this special harmonic :lol:
Point taken and noted but Rob is Rob, who exactly are you?
Yet another self appointed resident armchair expert who I've never heard of.

For me, in no particular order, they are:

Diva
Hive2
Spire
ANA2
Dune3
Serum
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:40 pm For me, in no particular order, they are:

Diva
Hive2
Spire
ANA2
Dune3
Serum
Wasn't Diva modelled after some hardware synth? Or am I confusing it to something else...

With all its limitations I would have to say.
Dune3
The interface and workflow hold it back a bit.

EnGee wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:59 pm
e-crooner wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:52 pm I am taking a Python course, but I am not sure one can use that for synths, DSP and such things 8) But that's not why I am learning it, anyway :wink:
Python seems nice 8) I have it installed and learnt the very basics, but got busy with other things and forgot it! All languages IMO have their beauties (just like real live languages). Ruby also is a very elegant young language :)

I thought to start seriously with DSP and some C++ but I don't have any motive (not even for fun!). It seemed like a black hole sun for my time! Anyway, I might have a look at Lua script (and HALion Script) but I don't have a need to go that deep in HALion, at least not yet!
Yes, I don't have any motivation and interest in programming, either. It is something for young nerds. But who knows what the future will bring, so I have to learn something that's in demand.

With DSP I think the programming as such is the easy part, the difficult part is the math and physics behind audio.

e-crooner wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:03 pm
e-crooner wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:52 pm I am taking a Python course, but I am not sure one can use that for synths, DSP and such things 8) But that's not why I am learning it, anyway :wink:
Python seems nice 8) I have it installed and learnt the very basics, but got busy with other things and forgot it! All languages IMO have their beauties (just like real live languages). Ruby also is a very elegant young language :)

I thought to start seriously with DSP and some C++ but I don't have any motive (not even for fun!). It seemed like a black hole sun for my time! Anyway, I might have a look at Lua script (and HALion Script) but I don't have a need to go that deep in HALion, at least not yet!
Yes, I don't have any motivation and interest in programming, either. It is something for young nerds. But who knows what the future will bring, so I have to learn something that's in demand.

With DSP I think the programming as such is the easy part, the difficult part is the math and physics behind audio.
Wouldn't the 'math and physics behind audio' be an integral part of the programming?

You mean People are People, right? I won´t say anything more about this Topic here, but Jim is not Joe and Joe is not Sarah, OK? ;-)

Don´t believe those Marketing Fairytales. Every OSC is different. Even Soft-Samplers sound different - and expansive and/or hyped won´t say anything about the Characteristics and if the VST really fits your/my! Needs :|

Give Peace a Chance!°
Last edited by GRUMP on Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GRUMP wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:10 pm
You mean People are People, right? I won´t say anything more about this Topic here, but Jim is not Joe and Joe is not Sarah, OK? ;-)

Give Peace a Chance!°
smoke em if you got em :drunk:

God how I wish I did done got em. Waiting for that medical marijuana card. No more waiting anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple days for it. Just drive n buy.

Oh yea and the best synths are....

The ones I have cuz I can use em
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

vurt wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:14 pm
GRUMP wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:10 pm

Give Peace a Chance!°
smoke em if you got em :drunk:
Hollywood burn I smell a Riot!°

leeleema wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:07 pm
e-crooner wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:03 pm

Wouldn't the 'math and physics behind audio' be an integral part of the programming?
I don't think so, the audio math and physics is separate and can be implemented in all kinds of programming languages. One has to understand the math and physics behind a filter for instance, and once you know how it works it is relatively easy to program if you know your programming language. I assume that a lot of synth development actually takes place on paper before it is transferred to the computer.

Jonas Harmon Lane wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:59 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:35 pm Yamaha sinewaves have a hidden superharmonic , only Rob Papen managed to replicate this special harmonic :lol:
Point taken and noted but Rob is Rob, who exactly are you?
Yet another self appointed resident armchair expert who I've never heard of.
You do not that Rob papen doesn't code anything at all ,he's a sound designer not a coder .
And I was making fun at the sine wave comment , sorry to step on you fanboy toes :lol:
Have a nice day sir :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”