Which tone2 after firebird?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:25 am ...
Very cool to read it will be re-worked :tu:

Just wanted to mention in my experience there isn't another synth. where the randome button works so well, I'd appreciate it staying that way if possible.

Yeah, I must say after trying out Firebird 2.1 a couple of times now, I'm also very happy there'll be a successor. :) It's really a nice synth with a lot of character, and, especially, with a nice bottom end. :)

Hope the price will stay 59 € in the end.

Phoenix sounds really good to me too :wink:

Just purely the phoenix concept makes a lot of sense in itself. Every beat can be a rebirth...

Not sure if there are vehicle preferences but american vintage muscle cars [namely Pontiac Firebirds + a lot others] even use phoenixes drawings/decals in paint often so....
..... maybe it makes even more sense? :?: :D

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:25 am I tried to compile it in 64 bit a while ago, but was not able to do a stable build. The sources were too old. So FireBird 2.1 will stay the final version.

FireBird needed to be completely rewritten.

I already have started with this and got a working prototype, but it will not longer be compatible with FireBird for technical reasons. That's why the name and plugin-ID of the synth will also change. Maybe it will be called 'Hellfire'. If you got good suggestions for the name let me know.
It will include all old FireBird patches which have been succesfuly ported, a completely new interface, VST 2.4, standalone, VST3, Mac version, 64bit, more modulation, much better filters, much better effects, reworked HCM spectras, better OSCs, 4x multicore support, Ringmod, spectral filtering, proper legato, and maybe some of the Hypersaw modes from Icarus.

The price will be $59. Over 1000 sounds will be included. It will be available in 2021.
Wow awesome! Excluding this, which of your synths would say has the "analog" filter knob vibe of the original Firebird? I loved that fat sound.

Saurus has a few controls for that IIRC.

The main concepts of the synth will remain the same as FireBird:

- low price ($59)
- a simple, one-page interface
- reduced feature-set
- beginner-friendly
- a unique sonic range
- a random-button that can generate new sounds with a mouse-click

This already has been improved in the current stage of development:

- Sound-quality (drastically)
- Effects (drastically)
- Filters (wider range, higher quality, 10 new ones)
- Legato, Mono
- New Interface
- Context-sensitive help

This will still be added:

- Additional features that fit well with the concept
- Mac version

This will not be added:

- Very advanced features
- Subtle controls that do not always have an effect on the sound

Will there be control over the oscillator phase?

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:25 am That's why the name and plugin-ID of the synth will also change. Maybe it will be called 'Hellfire'. If you got good suggestions for the name let me know.
Camaro.

refx vanguard :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Phoenix will be an instabuy! :tu:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Phoenix is great, and very fitting.

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:25 am I tried to compile it in 64 bit a while ago, but was not able to do a stable build. The sources were too old. So FireBird 2.1 will stay the final version.

I already have started with this and got a working prototype, but it will not longer be compatible with FireBird for technical reasons. That's why the name and plugin-ID of the synth will also change. Maybe it will be called 'Hellfire'. If you got good suggestions for the name let me know.
It will include all old FireBird patches which have been succesfuly ported, a completely new interface, VST 2.4, standalone, VST3, Mac version, 64bit, more modulation, much better filters, much better effects, reworked HCM spectras, better OSCs, 4x multicore support, Ringmod, spectral filtering, proper legato, and maybe some of the Hypersaw modes from Icarus.

The price will be $59. Over 1000 sounds will be included. It will be available in 2021.
Lots there that sounds promising for other plugins as well! Does this mean you are doing VST3 for the other formats?

And when you "proper legato", I hope you don't mean legato like in Icarus because it has issues. But I'd love for there to be proper legato in all your synths.

Call it “ Camaro.”
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

refx vanguard
This name will not be used, since Mike recently licensed my sourcecodes for Vanguard2. :wink:
Camaro
I really love this car. But i do not think it suitable for a plugin
Phoenix
I will check this one out. Whether a name can be used or not is defined by the trademark entries.
are doing VST3 for the other formats?
VST3 offers not significant advantages for synthesizers but has many limitations. Especially the Midi-handling is very cumbersome. Beside of that porting VST2.4 to VST3 is extremely costly. VST3 will be supported for new products or major updates.
Will the update have midi learn feature for parameters?
No, since VST3 does not offer proper Midi-support.
which of your synths would say has the "analog" filter knob vibe of the original Firebird?
- Saurus: the F/A Noise knob
- Icarus2: Select LoFi->Spirit as morph-mode
- RayBlaster: Noise Level in the OSC-section
the randome button works so well, I'd appreciate it staying that way if possible.
100% promised. You will be able to create exciting new sounds with only one mouse-click.
Hope the price will stay 59 € in the end.
99% promised

Return to “Instruments”