The most annoying instruments, fx, and in general things people put in their music?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cryophonik wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:19 am Overuse/abuse of vocal embellishments (I’m lookin at you, National Anthem singers who drag it out for fifteen f’ing minutes)
Yeah, whose fault was that anyway? Mariah Carey? Whitney? Iiiiiiiiayiiiiiayeeeiiiiiiiieayiiii will always love youuuuuuouuuhhhouuuwoahwoaheeeeyaeeeee?
:party:

ariston wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:51 am
cryophonik wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:19 am Overuse/abuse of vocal embellishments (I’m lookin at you, National Anthem singers who drag it out for fifteen f’ing minutes)
Yeah, whose fault was that anyway? Mariah Carey? Whitney? Iiiiiiiiayiiiiiayeeeiiiiiiiieayiiii will always love youuuuuuouuuhhhouuuwoahwoaheeeeyaeeeee?
It's hardly new. Melisma was a feature of Gregorian chant. Those monks could make a single kyrie eleison last for hours.

Gamma-UT wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:24 am
It's hardly new. Melisma was a feature of Gregorian chant. Those monks could make a single kyrie eleison last for hours.
Sure is easier to blame, you know, whichever singer made '"I will always love you" famous...
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Well if you prefer something livelier, the kyries in Mozart's Requiem feel like they go on for hours.

Are you saying those monks are guilty of an overuse of melisma? That's blasphemy! Besides, we all know that the common Pterodactyl was widely known and feared for his melismatic meanderings.

:tu: I learned a new word
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

revvy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:33 am
Sure is easier to blame, you know, whichever singer made '"I will always love you" famous...
it deserves the blame for something :shrug:
that song was f**king dreadful, and it just wouldnt go away :x
like that f**king bryan adams thing :x

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:50 pm
Two cracking tunes 🤘
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:20 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:50 pm
Two cracking tunes 🤘
:hug: im sorry :(

bloody mancunian candidates everywhere :cry:

Dolly Parton wasn't really known for melisma, though.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:04 pm
Dolly Parton wasn't really known for melisma, though.
not unless its another word for tits.

They did have a lot of time for such stuff.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

There is a Taylor Swift song that pissed me off so much when I heard it. She repeats a vowel ("e" I think) a bunch of times at the end of lines. It was lazy lyricism, probably not quite melisma, as I think it was the same note over and over.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”