NI launching 'stand alone hardware' Maschine + (leak)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.synthanatomy.com/2020/09/na ... eaked.html

Looks like AKAI Live success got their attention....its also harder to pirate hardware!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Incredibly typical. Just bought an Mk3 a few days ago! :lol: :hihi: :cry: :o :hyper: :dog:

Seriously though. Looks fantastic.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:12 pm Incredibly typical. Just bought an Mk3 a few days ago! :lol: :hihi: :cry: :o :hyper: :dog:

/C
Where I live, stores take it back without further questions after such a short time.

chk071 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:37 pm
DrGonzo wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:12 pm Incredibly typical. Just bought an Mk3 a few days ago! :lol: :hihi: :cry: :o :hyper: :dog:

/C
Where I live, stores take it back without further questions after such a short time.
Thanks for a good suggestion. Maschine+ looks great on paper - but as we all know things take time to mature, so maybe it's best to keep the mk3.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

:tu:

I don't think it's always about new and shiny either. Good to see though that NI is successful with Maschine.

Are you planning to use it standalone? It seems that is its biggest strength based on the link above, and you definitely pay more for that.
rsp
sound sculptist

Not running third-party VSTs seems like a pretty major downside. So does the part where it's $1400.

Not a lot of audio I/O channels available on it, which could be an issue for many because you can't expand it by adding a better audio interface.

sound sculptist

"Available Oct 1, 2020" ... uiuiui. Sexy. But the price tag is also pretty sexy, if you're into pathways to bankruptcy. ;D
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... hine-plus/

foosnark wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:32 pm Not running third-party VSTs seems like a pretty major downside. So does the part where it's $1400.
Same as the AKIA Live, it only runs its 'in house developed' synths and in this respect at least I suspect NI will have AKIA licked in the provided built in synths and FX department (Massive, FM8, Monark ect)

Over time NI will probably port more of there stuff, so it could be a pretty comprehensive workstation with a USB keyboard plugged in (maybe they will launch a workstation based around there keyboards next!) if you have all of Komplete at your disposal with no computer needed (although to be fair, this is probably just a computer in a custom case!)

Anyway, not for me, I sold my AKAI Live, it was (is) great but I just always ended up back using a PC anyway...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

foosnark wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:32 pm Not running third-party VSTs seems like a pretty major downside. So does the part where it's $1400.

Not a lot of audio I/O channels available on it, which could be an issue for many because you can't expand it by adding a better audio interface.
you can edit your production with the full software, it is also a standard maschine controller.

/C
it look like there is no workflow modification, mk3 is still the better choice IMO, i'm not willing to pay 600€ for a limited hardware while i already have 2 desktop, 1 NUC, 1 laptop, 1 surface and 1 tablet at home.. carrying maschine + surface or nuc is easy.

Meh, this is exactly the opposite of what I want :shrug:

Instead of standalone, I want a controller that is tightly integrated with my existing setup (PC + Ableton), and offers features that Push does not.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:06 pm Instead of standalone, I want a controller that is tightly integrated with my existing setup (PC + Ableton), and offers features that Push does not.
they should better work on the software.

The software integration with maschine is really deeper than with push, feature are first implemented on the controller, then they add a mouse control, a few operation can't even be done with the mouse.

btw i prefer push, because it is so simple, clever and chord and scale mode are gorgeous.

Looks interesting but i already have the maschine MK3 so i don't need it.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”