What on your list for Black Friday?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Studio One 5 Upgrade
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Studio One 5 Upgrade

I'll wait and see what comes up. If Knifonium comes up cheap, I might buy it but it will need to be stupidly cheap (which PA can usually be relied upon to do). I managed to keep to my $200 budget last year but this year I don't care how much I spend and there's nothing I specifically want, which is a good position to be in.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

To be honest, Black Friday isn't that appealing these days. At least since last couple of years, we have probably never needed to wait to get something for a BF price, as nowadays we are getting better deals throughout the year. That fun of waiting to buy something during Black Friday is gone now. One exception that I recall is the Soundtoys bundle upgrade sale, which happens only once a year, in November.

Getting on to K13U CE was the best deal for me this year. My target is to spend no more than $100 ($200 if V Collection 8 comes out and I like it enough to update) from now until the end of 2020.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:14 am To be honest, Black Friday isn't that appealing these days. At least since last couple of years, we have probably never needed to wait to get something for a BF price
this is so true. I actually ended up buying more analog gear lately, because my nerves (not to mention my addictive nature) are not made for the constant price watch and the tension it brings. Too often, I feel I spent too much because the next day the plugin was on sale somewhere, etc. And also, there's so much to choose from. Had to unsubscribe from all the newsletters, too!

That being said, I probably upgrade my RX advanced.

Why do you allow outside influences so much control over your life? For 40 weeks of the year you can buy Vacuum Pro for $14.99 but I paid $99 for it and I am perfectly happy with that because it has been worth way more than that to me. You need to be the one to decide what something is worth and as long as you get value for your money, why would you care that it's cheaper a week or two after you bought it?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I'll have a look whether there's any special offers for hardware synths.

As for software...
I hope for good deals on Psychic Modulations stuff. I have another few things on my list, but don't exactly expect BF to offer unbeatable deals. Upgrade Ableton, upgrade to Cypher 2, bring my Sugarbytes Collection up to date :) Finally, I really want RX8Advanced...but I fear it'll still be too pricey. And I need to stop writing this post because as I type my mind turns to orchestral libraries. Helllp!
And wouldn't it be nice if Klanghelm came out with a (the) new plugin?

^^^
HAd forgotten about Psychic Modulations
https://www.psychicmodulation.com/plugins.html
Yes at a certain price if my GAS is active I will be a buyer.
OK it is active most of the time
Ok it is always active. :D

Studio One v5. Tantra 2, maybe.

Definitely Zebra 3... Oops, this is in 2022.

Igro wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:57 pm Definitely Zebra 3... Oops, this is in 2022.
Optimist :roll:

:hihi:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Funny you all should mention Psychic Modulation. Just got an email. 30% is the same discount offered last year for Black Friday.
Psychic Modulation's Fall Sale is here!

Save 30% on all plugins and bundles through November 1st.

Use code FALL2020 at checkout.

Not shure tbh. :shrug: Maybe Cherry Audio DCO-106 or some goodies from Rhythmic Robot
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lunar lander !

Vortifex wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:29 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:43 am Not shure tbh. :shrug: Maybe Cherry Audio DCO-106 or some goodies from Rhythmic Robot
The DCO-106 is currently on intro offer for $25, I doubt it'll get cheaper than that. Cool little synth btw.
yes should buy it now before the intro is over :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Effects”