Shade: filtery thing from UVI. :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shade Sonic Shades for UVI Shade

Good stuff, so glad I got this!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Hey, is a parallel mode still in the works? That would make this plugin five times more awesome ...

Just slap it on a bus for parallel mode.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:20 pm Just slap it on a bus for parallel mode.
No, I mean setting the filters in parallel. I love doing a highpass + bandpass in parallel with filterfreak, for example.

dubguy99 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:45 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:20 pm Just slap it on a bus for parallel mode.
No, I mean setting the filters in parallel. I love doing a highpass + bandpass in parallel with filterfreak, for example.
Oh I see, sorry, my reply was stupid.

Hopefully this will go on BF sale, seems like a great EQ/Filter and has had some nice updates since launch...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I hope the new and great sounding VCF-20 from Falcon finds its way into Shade.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

scott_free wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:44 pm I hope the new and great sounding VCF-20 from Falcon finds its way into Shade.
Oh yes, it's a really nice filter. Sallen key is similar quality and very nice too.

when putting filters in series is it possible to mix in the effect a particular filter has? I find that I often make some effects but want to just dial down the contribution one filter makes, or at least balance the contributions they all make. But I cant find a way to do that

fairlyclose wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:56 am when putting filters in series is it possible to mix in the effect a particular filter has? I find that I often make some effects but want to just dial down the contribution one filter makes, or at least balance the contributions they all make. But I cant find a way to do that
No parallel filtering in Shade, only the Phaser filters have a dedicated mix knob.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:59 am
fairlyclose wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:56 am when putting filters in series is it possible to mix in the effect a particular filter has? I find that I often make some effects but want to just dial down the contribution one filter makes, or at least balance the contributions they all make. But I cant find a way to do that
No parallel filtering in Shade, only the Phaser filters have a dedicated mix knob.
Thanks, thats a shame as the complexity lends itself to a bit more nuance

Hi folks, i try demo, how to make the random modulator as unipolar ? Hope this is possible.

It's on sale now at 50% off btw, demoed it and bought it earlier....prefer FabFilters GUI but this thing sounds good and has a great set of presets.

rsp
sound sculptist

Good thing (and not a bad current offer yes), but to be honest, so far I have found only modulation for myself, more specifically, the fact that modulators can modulate themselves here, it's pretty cool, given their variety here. (It would be cool to implement this nuance in Falcon's mod's too, I did not read the thread, but I'm sure someone already wrote this lol).
As for the algorithms, by and large, can say one seemed special (unusual) for me: Comb\Flanger>Tilt Eq-ing.
So, this one + modulation = interesting story.

Yes, I understand that this device is not about unusual algorithms, but about creating such using modulation. But anyway, glad to have found something.

UPD: Of the positive aspects, it is also worth noting the zero CPU load.

But my question about unipolar random is still relevant.

Also bought in 50% off sale, great filters even without all the modulation tracks, definitely worth 50 quid.

Nice review here: https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/uvi-shade
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Effects”