Gforce Software, something new is on its way...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oberheim OB-E

duncanparsons wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:19 pm It's the details that are always the problem. Which filter do we emulate? Which BBD chip was used - how many buckets did it have? How fast were the attacks? Release lengths?

Get it wrong, and someone will notice.

However, once I tracked down some Sage schematics via the archive.org copy of the Bahn site it made things a lot easier.
hey duncan :tu:

Hey vurt - SEVENTY THREE BLOODY THOUSAND posts?

Blimey, I have a lot of catching up to do.. I used to be on the first page of post counts, you know.. like.. a decade ago..
Last edited by duncanparsons on Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

duncanparsons wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:28 pm Hey vurt - SEVENTY THREE BLOODY THOUSAND posts?
every one of them gold!

Well, whatever it is they're releasing, I desperately needed it for a project this week. So they're really messed up my schedule!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:52 pm ...G-force ( which is basically one man doing the coding ) :tu:
Wrong! They are at least an English (?) man and a French cat.

e@rs wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:54 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:52 pm ...G-force ( which is basically one man doing the coding ) :tu:
Wrong! They are at least an English (?) man and a French cat.
and we all know which of those is in charge!

I heard that GForce got completely sidetracked trying to fix CA2600 - was just driving them CRAZY.

I've tried a few of audiority plugins and these are not on par with other single man boutique developers like klanghelm etc
false information detected. information and the spreader to be ignored.

Audiority Echoes and Tube Modulator are as boutique as anything out there. superb sound, high quality DSP. I'm not into metal, but ppl say his recent amps are killing it.

Cytomic, really? at least Luca can finish his Tube Screamer, which is very high quality, whereas the other guy keeps wanking about for years and can't pull his joint off. repeated promises of a final version, few last year, few this year, no matter, he never keeps his word.

it's become the laughing stock, the whole Scream plugin saga. I've quit waiting for it at some point and went with Luca's Green Reaper plugin. It's awesome and I don't have to wait when Andy delivers a child already. all good.
Last edited by dawlab67 on Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

abernathy wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:03 pm I heard that GForce got completely sidetracked trying to fix CA2600 - was just driving them CRAZY.
nope.
see above.

saving the planet with 7zark7.
theyll get back to the synth when the intergalctic threat is over.

vurt wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:07 pm
abernathy wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:03 pm I heard that GForce got completely sidetracked trying to fix CA2600 - was just driving them CRAZY.
nope.
see above.

saving the planet with 7zark7.
theyll get back to the synth when the intergalctic threat is over.
Well, they are spread WAY too thin!

dawlab67 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:59 pm
it showed me once again what companies are like in this business: Very, very small, and product development takes years to decades.
please, Audiority is one guy joint. one guy. Luca Capozzi. that's it. he's a programmer, a graphic designer, social guy, full package. and he maintains a few products at once, fixing old, developing new, and never misses a beat. it's amazing. no years, no decades, he's just repeatedly killing it machine gun style.

what this late announcement showed me is that Gforce are slowpokes. regardless if there's Apple disrupting developers' lives again, Covid pandemic, aliens invading the Earth, or simply nothing goin' on and it's just another boring day, they always take long time with everything. it's just the way it is.
There's only one catch to all that: Audiority doesn't do synths, they/he/whatever does (relatively simple) effect plugins, made with JUCE. No wonder that he's "more" productive, especially when you consider that synth emulations take a lot of time to get right, and are much more complex than effect plugins.

Apart from that, don't get me wrong, I'm usually not so quick with such accusations, but, you come over a bit like a shill, or at least someone with a strong agenda. Further underlined by the defensive-ness of your posts, and the date you registered here. I respect your opinion, but, it seems like you neglect a lot of facts.

Oh well... banned. :lol: Guess I wasn't too wrong there then. :P

chk071 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:52 pm
dawlab67 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:59 pm
it showed me once again what companies are like in this business: Very, very small, and product development takes years to decades.
please, Audiority is one guy joint. one guy. Luca Capozzi. that's it. he's a programmer, a graphic designer, social guy, full package. and he maintains a few products at once, fixing old, developing new, and never misses a beat. it's amazing. no years, no decades, he's just repeatedly killing it machine gun style.

what this late announcement showed me is that Gforce are slowpokes. regardless if there's Apple disrupting developers' lives again, Covid pandemic, aliens invading the Earth, or simply nothing goin' on and it's just another boring day, they always take long time with everything. it's just the way it is.
There's only one catch to all that: Audiority doesn't do synths, they/he/whatever does (relatively simple) effect plugins, made with JUCE. No wonder that he's "more" productive, especially when you consider that synth emulations take a lot of time to get right, and are much more complex than effect plugins.

Apart from that, don't get me wrong, I'm usually not so quick with such accusations, but, you come over a bit like a shill, or at least someone with a strong agenda. Further underlined by the defensive-ness of your posts, and the date you registered here. I respect your opinion, but, it seems like you neglect a lot of facts.
I agree 99% , but juce doesn’ say anything about the plugin modelling ( if it has any )
Lot of dev’s use juce ( cytomic ,loomer etc) ...it’s a framework
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Valhalla uses Juce. TDR too. Klanghelm, etc. I suspect a very big chunk of the whole audio software industry (as big as 70%) does.

Basically any small team releasing for Win, Mac and Linux in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, etc needs to have very good reasons for not using it, as not doing so means doing its own NIH time-consuming reinvention (some devs have spent 9 months adding VST3 suppport) with new sets of bugs for users to enjoy.

JUCE takes away a lot of the pain of supporting multiple plugin standards and multiple platforms for a reasonable price, so devs can focus on differentiating features (DSP, GUI), not on if Apple broke an API, the madness of VST3, etc.

You make it sound as if using JUCE was a bad thing.

With regards to Audiority, I read the DSP forum and at least is using SPICE programs for doing emulations. How good? I don't know. Ihaven't used nothing from him yet, but he seems legit.

Serum was also built with JUCE. Using JUCE is smart, and it has zero impact on the way a plugin sounds.

JUCE prevents developers from having to write tedious, time consuming code that nobody cares about, like getting your actual plugin code to inter-operate with various different plugin format's specs. Hand rolling that type of code is a waste of time. It's a problem that has already been solved by frameworks like JUCE. You contribute nothing to the universe by rewriting it yourself.

Return to “Instruments”