Xoxos Miniseries manual

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MiniSeries

Hi,
I successfully found Xoxos' Miniseries sequencer on web.archive.org and I started to play with it. It comes along with a manual but honestly I just can navigate the GUI at all.
Is there an extended guideline? Is anyone using it? What is LEN, V, V- at the numbered notes?
Kind regards, Andras

Edit: it took some time but I think I'm getting it now. (Not only Length, Default Velocity, Repeat Velocity Modification but also the concept of the plugin.) It's really cool.
Last edited by S0210 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Did you know xoxos has a forum here at KVR?
It's in the "Archive" section but not locked, so you can make new topics.
You can report your post to a moderator (click on the "!") and ask them to move it. :party:

It is a MIDI plugin, that creates series of up to 8 different MIDI notes. In the upper left there is a counter counting from LOW to HIGH note in INC step size, the steps repeat REPEAT times. When the highest step is reached it begins again with the lowest note. When WRAP is on, it starts not from the lowest value but takes the difference that the high value was exceeded as new start.
Each steps triggers the according MIDI note at the upper right, you can set note, octave and channel. LEN is the note length, V is velocity, V- is velocity reduction for note repeats (/2, /3..see below).
In the lower left there's a random sequence (reproducible random, change the seed with SEED to get different random) which can trigger (AMT 0 - never, full - always, everything in between - more or less of random triggers ) repetitions of the step triggers and some other stuff (select with DEST). No idea what SYNC does there.
Below the counter are 3 LFOS that can modulate every parameter and even each others parameters, choose with DEST.
MUTE: Mutes the steps individually (stupidly in the whole GUI white is the active, dark grey the inactive state, so white numbers are muted ones), DIV triggers the repetition of a step.
SWING and OFFSET should affect timing as in 303 like step sequencers (Swing shifts every other step in time, offset shifts all in time) but it is different, whatever.
BEAT is overall tempo in divisions of 1/8 notes, so 2 generates 1/16, 4 does 1/32... With the DIV 1/n button it is the inverse value, so 2 does 1/note, 4 does 1/2 notes ... The wrench button temporarily disables the effect of the tempo control to select a different tempo first and then apply it, when the wrench button is deactivated.
HOLD stops note generation while it is pressed, RESET resets the selected LFOs 1..3.

hope this helps a bit
Disclaimer: This post is not meant to insult or attack anyone. All terms that can be considered as patronising, antagonistic, rude or even arrogant and snide are a mere result of my limited abilities of the english language.

Many thanks, it did help.
Although the result of SWING and OFFSET is just can't get even close to what I expect. :)
Are the 3 LFOs free running? Isn't the PHASE of the LFO retriggered with every bar?
Is there a way to link some buttons (namely DIV) to MIDI CC somehow?
Cheers, A.

No idea about the LFOs. There is no MIDI CC mapping, you have to bind the VST parameters to MIDI controllers via the host.
Disclaimer: This post is not meant to insult or attack anyone. All terms that can be considered as patronising, antagonistic, rude or even arrogant and snide are a mere result of my limited abilities of the english language.

Return to “xoxos”