RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Oh no! RC uses a new UI engine since beta14 which is the reason for these issues.
At the moment I cannot find an explanation for what you experienced.

Will you let me know:
- which device do you use for scrolling/mouse wheel? Is that a laptop with a touchpad or mouse with a scroll wheel?
- graphics card, resolution, refresh rate you use (Settings / Display / Advanced display settings)
- what is displayed as the version under the "Support" tab: (Standalone x64 ???)

If all fails I can send you a debug version with logging.
You may want to reply in e-mail to info@...

Thanks for your help!
Attila

AxBC wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:04 am Not sure if I missed something related to mouse wheel scrolling. Just updated to v4.3b14 and I have 1 track with a guitar vst and I entered 8 chords in the master track. Then I drag and drop a generator onto the track, does not make a difference of what I drag into the track. When I try to scroll the piano up or down it does not make a difference, the phrases always seem to drop down out of sight and even if I try to scroll up to make the phrases visible they always drop below out of sight. Seems to be something wrong with scrolling. Is this a known bug in Windows 10? Is there a setting I might be missing? Thanks!
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi,

Experimenting with dragging chords into RC from Scaler, i got myself into this interesting situation.

RC -Scaling Master Track Progression 01.jpg

This is how it happened -

1. Dragged Scaler chords to Master Track to create symbols. (nice!)
2. Dragged Scaler chords to normal track to create a phrase. (also nice!)
3. Used Phrase Resize: Scale to strecth the phrase to twice it's length to get 1 chord per bar.

OK, now I would like to do the equivalent "stretch" on the selected area of the master track to make the MT and the phrase again match each other.

Is there a way to do that?

If not, please consider this a feature suggestion.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am using a Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 7000 – new batteries
Using the scroll wheel on the scrollbar and the scrollbar scrolls down and gets stuck when I try to scroll up

Display info
Desktop resolution 1920 x 1080
Active signal resolution 1366 x 768
Refresh rate (Hz) 59.999 Hz
Bit depth 6-bit
Color format RGB
Color space Standard dynamic range (SDR)

HDMI port to 27” Acer monitor

RC Support
Version 4.3b14 (Standalone x64 direct3d) (Build on Nov 25 2021)

FYI, even in the Support page, If I scroll the History down with the mouse wheel and then try to scroll up it does not scroll up but instead kind of jumps like it is trying to scroll up and is stuck at the bottom
Even if the scroll bar is at the top and I try to scroll up the scroll bar actually scrolls down
Same in Settings | Miscellaneous if I have sections expanded

sj1 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:46 pm Is there a way to do that?
This is the way I would get Scaler to drag to one chord per bar:
https://youtu.be/32R7it_7i-M

In my workflow I would only want the progression and not the chords themselves (unless there was a really good voicing that I liked).

Cheers.
Mike.

Mykyndryd_ wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:56 pm This is the way I would get Scaler to drag to one chord per bar:
That's one trick solved! Thanks Mike!

I find that the duration can also be set up globally on the Scaler side, like this:

Scaler - Global Duration.jpg

We have some truly great interoperability here now. I love it!

Thank you Attila! :clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It now occurs to me that programming wizardry might be deployed to offer (optionally?) the drag-in results on the right instead of those on the left:

RC - Drag-In to Phrase One vs. Many 01.jpg

Just daydreamin' :D
Last edited by sj1 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sj1 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:53 am I find that the duration can also be set up globally on the Scaler side, like this:
Good find! :tu:

RapidComposer v4.3b15 is available!

This is the first update with hardware accelerated UI on macOS! :party: Please try it and let's find out if there are any issues on older models.
There were rendering improvements and bug fixes on Windows too.

Improvements:
  • [macOS] Hardware accelerated UI is used in the standalone version
  • Hold left Shift when starting: force using the software renderer
  • Fixed hanging when duplicating track with a VSTi plug-in

Problem with Quit dialog opening behind the main window is still observed in v4.3b15 (Windows).

Most reliable observation of this is after I've done phrase selection and playback looping and then make my first attempt to quit. If I then move the main window to get to the dialog and cancel the quit, that seems to get the quit dialog back to the front next time, at least in several trials here.

sj1 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:26 pm Problem with Quit dialog opening behind the main window is still observed in v4.3b15 (Windows).
Thanks for reporting this, it is fixed now! :tu:

Setting up Rapid Composer as a MIDIFX in Logic Pro X using a Track Stack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1dXIiYvRDk

hey guys.. can you double check both apple and windows please, this problem..

drag midi from your desktop/or folder into RC, save that to the phrase browser, then drag that phrase from the browser to a track..

My results are a blank phrase..

thanks!

In addition, it appears no phrases are being saved.. If you click on "show in explorer", in my case, the file size was 76 bytes. (you right click the phrase in the browser for the popup)

BluGenes wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:15 pm hey guys.. can you double check both apple and windows please, this problem..
Hi Gene. Unable to replicate on Win 10 v41b15 here:
https://youtu.be/POsplG2mPzE

Could it be a UAC permissions issue do you think?

Cheers. Mike.

ok.. thanks... Mike

Return to “MusicDevelopments”